Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I started studying Maths at Uni in September. However after a few weeks I dropped out as I felt I would not enjoy my course despite loving the Uni experience. Part of me wants to go back to Uni next year however tbh I feel there are no courses which I will enjoy. My other option is apprenticsehips in fields such as accounting. Unfortunately all the good apprenticeships for this year have started. I therefore do not know what to do this year, be it get a lesser apprenticeship, a job and wait for next year or look for work experience. I'm also unsure what I should do next September.
    I have AAA* in maths, f.maths and physics.
    Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by harry721)
    I started studying Maths at Uni in September. However after a few weeks I dropped out as I felt I would not enjoy my course despite loving the Uni experience. Part of me wants to go back to Uni next year however tbh I feel there are no courses which I will enjoy. My other option is apprenticsehips in fields such as accounting. Unfortunately all the good apprenticeships for this year have started. I therefore do not know what to do this year, be it get a lesser apprenticeship, a job and wait for next year or look for work experience. I'm also unsure what I should do next September.
    I have AAA* in maths, f.maths and physics.
    Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance.
    You get funding for degree length +1 gift year.

You have used your gift year. That means you have much less room to change your mind, but you still have full funding available.

As you enjoyed the uni experience its just a case of the right course and when. No panic.

You have great grades so have an open mind and explore the world of work bia apprenticeship or otherwise so you can id what might interest you. If you dont know the course exactly hen try another angle and look at careers you might like, then get experience/ placements and see how you feel. Earn some money if possible and see how it goes.

No need to be in a rush and things do pop up. The point is youve done a lot of the hard work, so a gap year or two wont do any harm. Go traveling if that floats your boat or just take a break. For the moment id just be getting some money for Christmas.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.