Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I am doing access to health and social care at my local college and I am hoping to apply to Plymouth (first choice), Bournemouth, UWE and Oxford Brookes for midwifery. Plymouth is my first choice but I am doubting ill get a place because i would need all Distinctions in biology which is 15 credits

So far I have only had a week work experience in Maternity and I seen 2 c-sections and trial of forceps delivery. I am now applied for more work experience at another hospital too.

I am a mature student as I am 21 and i dont drive yet thats why plymouth is my first choice as i want to get placement in my local hospital.

anyone else applying for 2018 and what work experience does everyone have?

good luck to everyone applying x
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Selkie)
    Hello

I am doing access to health and social care at my local college and I am hoping to apply to Plymouth (first choice), Bournemouth, UWE and Oxford Brookes for midwifery. Plymouth is my first choice but I am doubting ill get a place because i would need all Distinctions in biology which is 15 credits

So far I have only had a week work experience in Maternity and I seen 2 c-sections and trial of forceps delivery. I am now applied for more work experience at another hospital too.

I am a mature student as I am 21 and i dont drive yet thats why plymouth is my first choice as i want to get placement in my local hospital.

anyone else applying for 2018 and what work experience does everyone have?

good luck to everyone applying x
    You've done very well to get actual midwifery experience. It's always good to have more experience, even if it isn't directly related to midwifery. Even a day or two in some different areas can be really useful.

The work experience thread here has some ideas:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3546665

ReputationRep:
    Hey

I am 23 and I am currently completing the Access to H.E Health course at Coleg Cambria. I am applying to do Midwifery at either Bangor, Chester, Edge Hill, Stafford and Keele. I have had two assignments back both at grade Distinction and the only work experience I have is working at a care line and I have just started working in a care home.

xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I completed my Access to HE Diploma Midwifery pathway in 2015 and achieved DDM and i am applying to Kingston, City, Greenwich, West London and London South Bank (In no particular order). I have 6 months experience of voluntary work in a postnatal ward and 6 months paid employment experience on postnatal, labour and the birth centre. I am currently in the process of applying for more voluntary/paid work.

Good luck all x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.