Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HI, am i entitled to a student loan and maintenance loan during my placement year?

Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tolkien too much)
    HI, am i entitled to a student loan and maintenance loan during my placement year?

Thank you
    Hi

The amount a student will receive will depend on your placement type and when/where the placement takes place.

Can I ask you a few questions to help you better ?

Is it unpaid work placement in a hospital, health or Local Authority, prison or probation sector ?

Can you advise is it paid or unpaid and will it last for the full year ?

Is your placement at home or abroad, if abroad is it at a university abroad ?

Thanks Rona

ReputationRep:
    Hi Rona,

It is not until next year but I am worrying about it from now.

It will not be in the sector you mentioned and I am not sure if it’s paid or unpaid. It will definitely be in the U.K. for one year.

Can you give me the scenarios for paid and unpaid please.

Thank you.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tolkien too much)
    Hi Rona,

It is not until next year but I am worrying about it from now.

It will not be in the sector you mentioned and I am not sure if it’s paid or unpaid. It will definitely be in the U.K. for one year.

Can you give me the scenarios for paid and unpaid please.

Thank you.
    Hi Tolkien too much,

If you are undertaking a placement year, whether paid or unpaid, in the UK or abroad, under the current 2017 funding, you will be entitled to a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan, it's about 50% of the normal maintenance loan, dependant on where you will be living during your placement.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.