Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Apologies for starting a new thread
    I applied to Barts A100 a couple days back and I'm very much worrying now having read stats from previous years and going through the barts 2018 entry applicant thread

It was quite a last minute decision to apply there.

I have tariff point of 200 and ukcat score of 675 (2700)
    Now obviously I know they apply a 50:50 weighing on ukcat and tariff points
    On one of the documents they have on their website they give examples of the stats of successful applicant and I was amazed to see people with tariff points of 240+ because 4A* would give tariff points of 224 wouldn't it? I know some people do more A levels but how much do they do max? 5 at all A*? I even saw 300 on there

Now I know playing musical instruments and stuff can add tariff points but how much can it be? Surely not 56?

Also even the people with "low" ucas tariff points of about 200 have a ukcat of 690+? Was it even worth applying there with my stats?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How can someone have a ucas tariff of 330

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jhus2)
    How can someone have a ucas tariff of 330
    I think you can with extra A-levels, or other qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    Im in a similar situation - have 200 tariff points and a UKCAT of 2710 - 677.5 B2
    I'm stressed as well

ReputationRep:
    If you take IB your tariff is usually higher or if you play more instruments or dance exams etc, but i've seen high 300s i mean HOW

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.