Turn on thread page Beta

Do Oxford LLM graduates have a higher chance of getting a training contract? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.)
    Second para. I accept your use of most. I was just trying to explain that its being easy peasy lemon squeezy isn't shared by some. I would argue that there is still some graft involved to secure the TC, as some of your Oxbridge peers struggle, making it necessarily not easy per se. "Easier" is probably a fairer word. I wonder if you would agree.
    No indeed, for some it is definitely difficult difficult lemon difficult.

'Easier' is fairer on average, although I'm not sure how informative a mean average is, particularly given I don't think the university itself has all that much to do with it. Probably the best we can really do is to say that for most it's relatively straightforward (although obviously still not effortless), and for some it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonoMikey)
    When it comes to working for firms like the magic circle and accounting firms...the applicants in the final stages are all top of the year and from top unis across UK but most don't even make it there as they are better at academics than them
    Any evidence to prove what you are stating (although it is pretty muddled, so I am not 100% sure what the point is)?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.