Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Changed from full to part time - when will the money in my account get taken back? Watch

    • Thread Starter


    I enrolled and received student finance money for a full time MA, but since then have changed to a part time MA

    Do you know when the money in my account will be deducted/taken back/replaced?

    At the moment I'm just not touching the money incase it suddenly gets taken out of my account, but now I really need some money and would like to know when it will get deducted (I changed to part time a week ago)


    • Official TSR Representative

    Hi Emily,

    We would only look for immediate repayment of any money that you had been overpaid. An overpayment would only be incurred for a period that you were not in attendance.

    If you are are doing a Postgraduate MA and had been paid funding for the full time course, if you had then changed to a part time course we would just adjust the future instalments for the part time course taking into account what we had already paid you and the remaining about due based on the full amount you borrowed and the number of instalments remaining for this academic year. It would therefore not be classed as an overpayment.

    If you started the full time course you would have been entitled to the funding up until the date you last attended. When changing mode of study the University should send us a Change of Circumstances to advise of withdrawal from the full time course and we would reassess your entitlement and send you a new Notification of Entitlement (NOE) letter. You would then know what overpayment if any you had incurred and at that point could call our ICR line on 0300 100 0611 to make a card payment to repay this.

    If you hadn't repaid the overpayment then your account would eventually be passed over to our Collections department who would contact you about this. They can look for you to repay in full or set up a payment plan towards this.


  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.