Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A Silent Epidemic of Cancer Is Spreading Among Men Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/all/sil...ng-men-n811466

ReputationRep:
    Given that the most at risk are those who've had a lot of sexual partners, most people on TSR are safe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Given that the most at risk are those who've had a lot of sexual partners, most people on TSR are safe...
    I wasn't prepared for that and spilled my tea everywhere. Have your trophy :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I got my hopes up and was preparing for the cancer till I realised it was sexually transmitted. Yep, I’m never getting this form of cancer.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. Safe from cancer maybe, but I think you just sent quite a few people to the emergency burn ward… :headfire:

A sudden societal push towards having many sexual partners introduces a new vector for epidemics to spread. Who knew? :rolleyes:

I remember the WHO warning about this a few months ago. Nobody will use protection for oral sex though, and there isn't herd immunity yet, so...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
      I remember the WHO warning about this a few months ago. Nobody will use protection for oral sex though, and there isn't herd immunity yet, so...
      Given that these are things which happened years or decades ago, a "few months ago" hardly represents a major warning that could have prevented this occurrence.

Given that these are things which happened years or decades ago, a "few months ago" hardly represents a major warning that could have prevented this occurrence.
        No no, I remember the WHO warning about this specific virus, not about the general risk of promiscuity.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by FriendlyPenguin)
        No no, I remember the WHO warning about this specific virus, not about the general risk of promiscuity.
        Yes, but read the article. The guy mentioned in it had cancer a year or so ago, but contracted the virus over 20 years ago.

A warning from a couple of months ago is pointless.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.