Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

As a foreigner my opinions about Brexit Watch

ReputationRep:
    As a foreigner, who thinking to settle down in the England in the future I think Brexit was a good decision for the British society. Immigration laws should be stricter in the the UK because in social media or videos that I've watched on the Youtube I've seen so many immigrants in the UK just complaining about everything. Look at the Muslims, they're escaping countries which are based on Sharia law and then they're demanding Sharia courts in the London! They're disrespecting to the British society. It's a free country but that doesn't mean you can insult that society and protest anything you want.

Western civilization and security more important than economy. With Western culture you've science, medicine, democracy, laws, formal education.. everything we need in the 21st century and in the future. With those things you can rebuild your country.

After I got my CS degree, I'll try to settle down in the England as a computer programmer and I'm sure I'll contribute that society and deserve that also I'll live just like the other British citizens. Actually, culture of British society made me excited and that's why I'm preferring to live in there.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you from?

I happen to be a Computer Science immigrant as well and I have felt very welcome in Britain with most people welcoming me.

I agree that moving to a country and expecting that country to change for you is silly; You adapt to the culture that you come to rather than forcing that culture to adapt to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Where are you from?

I happen to be a Computer Science immigrant as well and I have felt very welcome in Britain with most people welcoming me.

I agree that moving to a country and expecting that country to change for you is silly; You adapt to the culture that you come to rather than forcing that culture to adapt to you.
    I'm from Turkey and unfortunately as an atheist person I'm having so many political and religious problems in the Turkey. They don't like atheists here and I'm 17 years old after I've graduated from high school I'll go to the Poland to study CS in there (there are universities which have English programmes.) and I can't afford to study in an Anglosphere country, tuitions fees are expensive for me..

After I got my CS degree I'll probably work in the Poland as a programmer because I'll be needed experience. Then I'll look a legal way to settle down in the England. Tier-2 visa seems proper for me.

That's my plan

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am infact a British citizen my dad is a immigrant from the Caribbean and most of my family are immigrants for example my grandmother has moved down to London from Scotland and my great grandmother is also an Irish immigrant, I myself and my family strongly disagree with the brexit decision since this has taken a major hit on our National Health Services or as we call it NHS, many things was promised along with brexit this also included a cut on taxes, since brexit England has hit its highest level or rough sleepers and the economy is falling apart at the bases Theresa May is struggling under the pressure of her own parties choices which is a great weakness in a leader with a possible war on our door step due to Korea, Im pretty sure England will see no survival since we are unable to support ourselves, yes many immigrants are trying to push change in our society but we are very proud country and will more or less backlash these protests, please don’t always trust these YouTube videos since they’ll make a bigger problem out of smaller things, I hope you’re plans for the future go well, I give you my best regards but please always look at the whole picture before targeting one idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshTheUnlikely)
    Hi I am infact a British citizen my dad is a immigrant from the Caribbean and most of my family are immigrants for example my grandmother has moved down to London from Scotland and my great grandmother is also an Irish immigrant, I myself and my family strongly disagree with the brexit decision since this has taken a major hit on our National Health Services or as we call it NHS, many things was promised along with brexit this also included a cut on taxes, since brexit England has hit its highest level or rough sleepers and the economy is falling apart at the bases Theresa May is struggling under the pressure of her own parties choices which is a great weakness in a leader with a possible war on our door step due to Korea, Im pretty sure England will see no survival since we are unable to support ourselves, yes many immigrants are trying to push change in our society but we are very proud country and will more or less backlash these protests, please don’t always trust these YouTube videos since they’ll make a bigger problem out of smaller things, I hope you’re plans for the future go well, I give you my best regards but please always look at the whole picture before targeting one idea
    Thanks for your informative post for me. I might be wrong about my opinions because as you said, I can't look at the whole picture because currently I don't live in the UK.

I believe you guys will find a way and solve those problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProgrammerC)
    I'm from Turkey and unfortunately as an atheist person I'm having so many political and religious problems in the Turkey. They don't like atheists here and I'm 17 years old after I've graduated from high school I'll go to the Poland to study CS in there (there are universities which have English programmes.) and I can't afford to study in an Anglosphere country, tuitions fees are expensive for me..

After I got my CS degree I'll probably work in the Poland as a programmer because I'll be needed experience. Then I'll look a legal way to settle down in the England. Tier-2 visa seems proper for me.

That's my plan
    I'd be wary of Poland, pretty racist up there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.