Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Describe the diagnostic significance of identifying schistocytes within clinical specimens.

I have no idea how to structure this essay, I just have a lot of information but I have no clue about how to lay it out. I'm finding it difficult to start this essay as I don't really know what I should include in the introduction.

PLS HELP!!!!!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emwilliams044)
    Describe the diagnostic significance of identifying schistocytes within clinical specimens.

I have no idea how to structure this essay, I just have a lot of information but I have no clue about how to lay it out. I'm finding it difficult to start this essay as I don't really know what I should include in the introduction.

PLS HELP!!!!!!

Thanks
    So, typically you would start an essay by introducing what you're going to write about, it shouldn't be very long (a couple of sentences). Maybe write something such as "Schistocytes are red blood cell fragments due to intravascular red blood cell destruction as a result of a number of conditions. In this essay I will discuss the significance of finding schistocytes in a blood smear in diagnosing these conditions."

You would then obviously go on to talk about schistocytes, such as how they form, and then go on to talk about the conditions that form schistocytes (DIC and microangiopathic haemolytic anaemia) and then maybe talk about how useful a blood smear is in diagnosing these conditions and how useful a smear is compared to a FBC or a good medical history. Then conclude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AortaStudyMore)
    So, typically you would start an essay by introducing what you're going to write about, it shouldn't be very long (a couple of sentences). Maybe write something such as "Schistocytes are red blood cell fragments due to intravascular red blood cell destruction as a result of a number of conditions. In this essay I will discuss the significance of finding schistocytes in a blood smear in diagnosing these conditions."

You would then obviously go on to talk about schistocytes, such as how they form, and then go on to talk about the conditions that form schistocytes (DIC and microangiopathic haemolytic anaemia) and then maybe talk about how useful a blood smear is in diagnosing these conditions and how useful a smear is compared to a FBC or a good medical history. Then conclude.
    thank you so much, this has really helped me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.