The Student Room Group

Presentation

For biomedical science we have to pick our own partners to do a presentation with on a topic of our choice but the girl who asked me to be her partner and I said yes we are sort of friends and shes frkends with my friends but she never turns up to lectures or is hardly ever in because she did foundation year last year so knows everything, i want a new partner but i dont know how to tell her without her and our other friends thinking im rude. And i also dont know who else to work with. The presentation is 25% of final grade and who ever doesnt have a partner by the 25th pf october will randomly be paired with somone else

Please help
Original post by Life18
For biomedical science we have to pick our own partners to do a presentation with on a topic of our choice but the girl who asked me to be her partner and I said yes we are sort of friends and shes frkends with my friends but she never turns up to lectures or is hardly ever in because she did foundation year last year so knows everything, i want a new partner but i dont know how to tell her without her and our other friends thinking im rude. And i also dont know who else to work with. The presentation is 25% of final grade and who ever doesnt have a partner by the 25th pf october will randomly be paired with somone else

Please help

You can either go forward or back.

Contact the girl asap and meet for coffee. Tell her you want to do well, but its making you nervous youve had no contact and you dont see her at lectures. Tell her youd be a lot happier if you made a plan/ timetable and knew it was being stuck to as you like to be organised and want to crack on. If its a yes, then get moving.

See what she says and if she either shows willing, then carry on and if she doesnt give you an explanation or doesnt inspire confidence then just tell her you think/ are worried your work styles are too different and not suited to each other.

Maybe its for the best if you each chose someone more compatible? Warn your friends and explain why.

If you really want a new partner then you just have to bite the bullet sooner rather than later.

The other alternative , which i sometimes do is just do it yourself and give them minimal tasks. Maybe thats what she is expecting?
be straight up
Original post by soIiIoquy
be straight up

That’s easier said then done
Original post by Life18
That’s easier said then done

ik
Original post by soIiIoquy
ik

Shes asked me too sighn up tomorrow, I was hoping she forgot over the weekend, what do I do now
Original post by 999tigger
You can either go forward or back.

Contact the girl asap and meet for coffee. Tell her you want to do well, but its making you nervous youve had no contact and you dont see her at lectures. Tell her youd be a lot happier if you made a plan/ timetable and knew it was being stuck to as you like to be organised and want to crack on. If its a yes, then get moving.

See what she says and if she either shows willing, then carry on and if she doesnt give you an explanation or doesnt inspire confidence then just tell her you think/ are worried your work styles are too different and not suited to each other.

Maybe its for the best if you each chose someone more compatible? Warn your friends and explain why.

If you really want a new partner then you just have to bite the bullet sooner rather than later.

The other alternative , which i sometimes do is just do it yourself and give them minimal tasks. Maybe thats what she is expecting?

I really dont want to work with her, shes really annoying
Original post by Life18
I really dont want to work with her, shes really annoying

Then you ahve to talk to her....

You also need to find a new partner.

You might as well start doing the work yourself.
Then you ahve to talk to her....

You also need to find a new partner.

You might as well start doing the work yourself.

Thanks for replying, all my friends and everyone I know already have partners
Original post by Life18
Thanks for replying, all my friends and everyone I know already have partners

Then you need to talk to the lecturer and tell her you are unable to work with the other person because she is really annoying or you could just get on with it or you could just fail..
Then you need to talk to the lecturer and tell her you are unable to work with the other person because she is really annoying or you could just get on with it or you could just fail..

Why would i want to fail?
Original post by Life18
Why would i want to fail?

Unless you just get on with it, then that is where you are heading.

Umm how
Original post by Life18
Umm how

B i t c h
Original post by Life18
B i t c h

...real mature.

Was going to give advice, but you frankly don't deserve anyone's time.
Original post by SophieSmall
...real mature.

Was going to give advice, but you frankly don't deserve anyone's time.

Why are you getting involved?
Reply 17
Original post by Life18
X

No one is being rude or being a *****.

Talk to the other girl and work out a study timetable with her. Ask her to work with you in the library. Either you sort out the issue now or you end up with a partner who does **** all and your grades suffer. Don't make excuse. Talk to the girl, see if she can be an agreeable partner. Otherwise, get a new one or accept that you're going to have to do a **** ton of work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending