Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've applied for funding back in July and yesterday, I logged into my student finance account to see a "NOT ELIGIBLE FOR STUDENT FINANCE" note on my account. I phoned up, asked what that was about. Turns out that for some strange reason you don't accept payslips. Despite me explaining to the advisor that I don't have hard copies as my employer doesn't provide me with them, she said there was nothing she could do and I have to wait another 8 working days once they receive the outstanding evidence. I'm absolutely livid because I was NOT informed that the payslips weren't acceptable evidence? :| Now there are bills coming out this week and I don't have money to cover them due to the department being convoluted and annoyingly unhelpful. Please advise.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asuddenalexander)
    Hi,

I've applied for funding back in July and yesterday, I logged into my student finance account to see a "NOT ELIGIBLE FOR STUDENT FINANCE" note on my account. I phoned up, asked what that was about. Turns out that for some strange reason you don't accept payslips. Despite me explaining to the advisor that I don't have hard copies as my employer doesn't provide me with them, she said there was nothing she could do and I have to wait another 8 working days once they receive the outstanding evidence. I'm absolutely livid because I was NOT informed that the payslips weren't acceptable evidence? :| Now there are bills coming out this week and I don't have money to cover them due to the department being convoluted and annoyingly unhelpful. Please advise.

Hi asuddenalexander,

To qualify for Higher Education support as a home student, you need to provide evidence to show that you have been ordinarily resident in the UK for five years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course.

If residency evidence has been requested the student must provide original documentation, photocopies will not be accepted.

A4 Wage slips - created on a computer will not be accepted unless accompanied by a reference letter from the employer confirming this is the only evidence available from the company. The letter must be on headed paper, must be hand signed or electronically signed and be an original.

Additional residency evidence is currently taking eight working days to be reviewed from receipt, the assessors will process evidence received from students in date order, as that is the fairest way.

These are only estimated timescales, based on the current workload, so check the progress from your online account, may be processed earlier.

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.