Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsfantanoo)
    "with that attitude" erm no, it's you who's got the bad attitude. Don't be jealous.
    Of what? My A-level days are long behind be kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Volibear)
    Well obviously but I don't think most student are in line to achieve 4A*s
    And on what basis do you think OP isn't one of them?

ReputationRep:
    Well obviously but I don't think most student are in line to achieve 4A*s
    True but then unis will know that prediction wasn't made without deliberation, I don't think they would have given it without his academic record

ReputationRep:
    And on what basis do you think OP isn't one of them?
    I never said they weren't. That was in reply to the point about the school be cautious about predicting unrealistically. If OP is a student who is likely to achieve four A*s (based on academic record) and goes to a school that has a more relaxed predicted grade policy, then I PERSONALLY find it surprising that not one of their teachers originally predicted them an A*.

ReputationRep:
    I never said they weren't. That was in reply to the point about the school be cautious about predicting unrealistically. If OP is a student who is likely to achieve four A*s (based on academic record) and goes to a school that has a more relaxed predicted grade policy, then I PERSONALLY find it surprising that not one of their teachers originally predicted them an A*.
    And what makes you think he goes to a school with a more relaxed predicted grade policy? Maybe there was an error made the first time (since according to OP they have a good academic record) or they were predicted harshly the first time. The fact that they didn't get one A* prediction is irrelevant since predictions for each grade are intrinsically independent from each other.

You have no idea what circumstances affected OP yet you have the audacity to make such stupid claims.

Seems like you're trying very very hard to undermine OP. Maybe it's you trying to make yourself feel better for your own failures.

ReputationRep:
    And what makes you think he goes to a school with a more relaxed predicted grade policy? Maybe there was an error made the first time (since according to OP they have a good academic record) or they were predicted harshly the first time. The fact that they didn't get one A* prediction is irrelevant since predictions for each grade are intrinsically independent from each other.

You have no idea what circumstances affected OP yet you have the audacity to make such stupid claims.

Seems like you're trying very very hard to undermine OP. Maybe it's you trying to make yourself feel better for your own failures.
    Once again, I went to school when things were different. Many schools had a policy where they wouldn't predict you more than your AS grade, unless you had almost full marks. Other schools, on the other hand, would bring up your grade if you asked and your previous academic record suggested you were capable of achieving that grade. Even then, it may not be a school thing. I got a very high A in AS biology and straight As throughout the year and my teacher refused to predict me and A*. A-level results day came round and I got an A* with full UMS. Other teachers in the department were more relaxed about this. If OP goes to a school where his predicted grades went from 3AS (like in his original post) to 4A*s, safe to say he has room to maneuver on that front.

You realise this is a student forum right? I stated that that was my PERSONAL surprise and opinion. I wasn't undermining them and anyway, if they are being predicted 4A*s then I doubt they care what I think. You, on the other hand, seem to be getting offended on their behalf.

My own failures? Please. I finished my A-levels and got straight As and A*s, completed my bachelors, am now currently in my 4th year studying for a masters and going for GEM and everything is working out fine for me.. I have no reason whatsoever to be jealous of OP.

ReputationRep:
    Blah blah blah. I don't care about your life. And I don't care how you try to justify your silly assumptions. You're wrong.

Oh of course, you failed getting into medicine and now you're full of resentment and jealousy.
    Very mature.

I didn't fail getting into medicine. When I was 18 I had no intention of studying it despite having the grades and everyone else wanting me to. I developed the desire through my degree, the experiences I've had and the people I've me.

ReputationRep:
    Very mature.

I didn't fail getting into medicine. When I was 18 I had no intention of studying it despite having the grades and everyone else wanting me to. I developed the desire through my degree, the experiences I've had and the people I've me.
    whatever lets you sleep at night

ReputationRep:
    whatever lets you sleep at night
    I really hope you're just a troll and not a prospective medical school applicant.

ReputationRep:
    I have no clue why you're seeking my approval. You're full of sh*t.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    With your attitude you're not getting into GEM.

ReputationRep:
    With your attitude you're not getting into GEM.
    Whatever makes you feel better, sweetie.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, my teachers are no pushovers. It was just one of those things where if I get an A, they aren't on trouble but if I get an A*, they get value added points at the end of the year. The reason that my grades were upgraded so hastily was that they recognised that they couldn't justify their decisions. For example, I got all As at AS level and I was predicted the same as someone who got ACC in the same subjects! There was a clear bias.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.