Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been at uni for 6 weeks and I have already swapped courses (sport courses) because I didn't like my first one and now I don't enjoy this one either, if anything its worse. I started applying for apprenticeships in my hometown and was offered one today which sounds amazing. However, I enjoy living in a bigger city and in halls. I don't see myself completing this course so do I stay for a few more weeks/months to see if it gets better and miss out on this perfect apprenticeships or leave and have less of a social life??
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Brixey52)
    I have been at uni for 6 weeks and I have already swapped courses (sport courses) because I didn't like my first one and now I don't enjoy this one either, if anything its worse. I started applying for apprenticeships in my hometown and was offered one today which sounds amazing. However, I enjoy living in a bigger city and in halls. I don't see myself completing this course so do I stay for a few more weeks/months to see if it gets better and miss out on this perfect apprenticeships or leave and have less of a social life??
    How long will the apprenticeship stay open for and just how rare?

Youve already decided its not for you. You wont lose any more money leaving just as term 1 ends, but you might lose the apprenticeship. If the A is that good I would bail and take it. It will also give you time to think about what course might suit you. You still have funding for a complete degree. You know you like bg cities and halls.

Return to uni when you feel ready , maybe in a few years time when you know more about what you want. Its a much bigger mistake to spend £60k on a degree you dont want.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.