Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Are there any Chemistry applicants, who have already sent their application to UCL? Have you heard anything from UCL? Maybe has someone already received an invitation to the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barbarabac)
    Hi! Are there any Chemistry applicants, who have already sent their application to UCL? Have you heard anything from UCL? Maybe has someone already received an invitation to the interview?
    Hey I'm applying for chemistry at UCL and haven't applied yet, where else are you applying ?

ReputationRep:
    I want to do Chemical engineer, what's an Chemistry applicant can do than a chemical engineer cannot ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TTriforce)
    I want to do Chemical engineer, what's an Chemistry applicant can do than a chemical engineer cannot ?
    i was going to apply for chemical engineering until last week lol. chemical engineers look at how to design chemical processes and use them sustainably on a large scale in industry, which is very different to a chemistry course. Despite the name, chemical engineering has nothing do with chemistry and has A LOT of maths which is why i decided to go for chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I applied to UCL for chem but haven't heard anything back. i have already got 3 offers from Warwick, Bath and Kings. still waiting to hear from queen marys and UCL. I applied with A*AA as my predicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katplat)
    Hello, I applied to UCL for chem but haven't heard anything back. i have already got 3 offers from Warwick, Bath and Kings. still waiting to hear from queen marys and UCL. I applied with A*AA as my predicted
    I applied to Kings but haven't got a response back. When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Wooo that is fast...

When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    UCL is notorious for taking a long time to reply. When I applied for chemistry there I remember having to wait quite a while before I got a response.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    UCL is notorious for taking a long time to reply. When I applied for chemistry there I remember having to wait quite a while before I got a response.
    How long did it take and when did you apply?

Do they give offers first to those who applied before October and are there any interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hodxn)
    How long did it take and when did you apply?

Do they give offers first to those who applied before October and are there any interviews?
    Well it was 5 years ago now so I can't remember exactly how long it took, but definitely a while. I would have applied in late 2012.

Yes, I believe it's UCL's Chemistry Department's policy to interview everyone who applies, but if you're called to interview then you're basically guaranteed a place. The chat with a lecturer is really to confirm you are who your application says you are and to make sure you know basic chemistry and have a passion for it. I think you would have to do something outrageous to be called to an interview day and then not be offered a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hodxn)
    I applied to Kings but haven't got a response back. When did you apply?
    about three weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Limpeh)
    Wooo that is fast...

When did you apply?
    three weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    guys I got the invite to the open day today!

ReputationRep:
    guys I got the invite to the open day today!
    congrats! when did you send off the application?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back yet?

ReputationRep:
    Any gap year students out here applying to do chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    hi! i received their request for a personal statement tailored for medicinal chemistry (because I am applying to medicine, and my personal statement is oriented to medicine rather than chemistry). I wondered if someone has received the same request? Maybe someone knows what the criteria are for this personal statement?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I have received an offer from UCL a week ago!! I applied for Chemistry and am going to an open day next Tuesday.

ReputationRep:
    Had my open day ‘interview’ today happy to answer any qns ppl have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-d19)
    Had my open day ‘interview’ today happy to answer any qns ppl have
    When did you apply? Did you apply as a local or international student?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.