The Student Room Group

Was i right in doing this !

So I just left two jobs reasons to follow

So I had a housekeeping job for a hotel but after 3 days didn't fancy it or wasn't as I expected plus thoughts in my head as all I was doing was cleaning rooms as was this this all going to be all my life clean rooms for a living sicne leaving school or uni and never once thought I would do this

So this other bank admin job came up or so I thought after 3 days including today I thought it was admin work but turns out to be telephone based work and telemarketing and basically call centre work so I told the boss and hand in my resignation letter as talking to customer and being on the phones is not my strong point plus one of the bosses on day 2 pulled me up even before i did anything for the way i talk and the way i spoke and told me to concentrate on how i say my words

so was i right in leaving these jobs as am focused more on admin side like data entry and the likes so was i right or dumb/stupid etc to do what i did as if i stayed in the bank job (got to remember that the bank job was temp and outsourced via teleperformance) and call centre work not my confidence what so ever as i prefer admin work over phones and talking to people customer wise is not my strongest point

I do have a few other jobs coming up but was i right in doing this or stupid in leaving them
Original post by tmckinnin56
So I just left two jobs reasons to follow

So I had a housekeeping job for a hotel but after 3 days didn't fancy it or wasn't as I expected plus thoughts in my head as all I was doing was cleaning rooms as was this this all going to be all my life clean rooms for a living sicne leaving school or uni and never once thought I would do this

So this other bank admin job came up or so I thought after 3 days including today I thought it was admin work but turns out to be telephone based work and telemarketing and basically call centre work so I told the boss and hand in my resignation letter as talking to customer and being on the phones is not my strong point plus one of the bosses on day 2 pulled me up even before i did anything for the way i talk and the way i spoke and told me to concentrate on how i say my words

so was i right in leaving these jobs as am focused more on admin side like data entry and the likes so was i right or dumb/stupid etc to do what i did as if i stayed in the bank job (got to remember that the bank job was temp and outsourced via teleperformance) and call centre work not my confidence what so ever as i prefer admin work over phones and talking to people customer wise is not my strongest point

I do have a few other jobs coming up but was i right in doing this or stupid in leaving them

In hindsight, if you land a job you are happy with, then you did the right thing.

However..........job experience and developing a flexible transferable skill set is very important because you can then apply it to any job situation and sell yourself far better at interview.

Beware that temping requires the agency to be confident that you are reliable and have tenacity and ability. You really do not want to gain a 'fickle' reputation because the agency' clients will hold them responsible for sourcing poor-quality resources.
(edited 6 years ago)
Personally, I think recruitment agencies that supply temporary jobs are deplorable.
you don't need a reason to quit your job. If you want to do it lol.
If you're not happy in a job, then leave. It took me years to work that out.

Quick Reply

Latest