Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tate's Grow Your Grades Thingamajig Watch

ReputationRep:

WELCOME TO TATE'S GROW YOUR GRADES THINGAMAJIG!!
    Ik, I'm a mess, I am trying to fix that with this blog hopefully *fingers crossed*

Hola mis amigos!
    This is my official grow your grades thread! I am currently taking maths, economics and product design for A level, and am doing EPQ.

If you want to follow this just reply below and I'll tag you x

GCSE Grades

Spoiler:
    Show

Maths: 8
    English Language: 7
    English Literature: 8
    Biology: A
    Chemistry: A
    Physics: A
    Product Design: A* (full UMS on the coursework! - yes I'm still milking it)
    Textiles: A*
    Religious Studies: A
    Spanish: B
    Classical Civilisation (aka hell): C

Grades I am currently working toward
    Spoiler:
    Show

Maths: B
    Product Design: B
    Economics: B
    Wayyyy to low in my opinion (honestly, they're probably not)

Current A level targets (incl. EPQ)
    ik they're high, but heck, I've got 2 years

Spoiler:
    Show

Product Design: A*
    Maths: A
    Economics: A
    EPQ: A*

Feel free to tag me in your threads if you want me to follow them, or just send a link here
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Good luck Tate00

How are you finding A Levels so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    Good luck Tate00

How are you finding A Levels so far?
    Ngl, I'm finding them VERY stressful! i just hope I cam make it through XD

ReputationRep:

25/10/17 - My New Pursuit for Organisation is Currently a Sheg
    Yeah, I know the title is pretty pessimistic, but sadly it is the truth. Hopefully by the end of the school year I can change that, however the chances are slim if keep going at the rate I currently am. All I've done this half term is procrastinate, procrastinate and (you guessed it) procrastinate! Hopefully, this is just because I'm slacking off because it's half term, and not because I'm that disorganised. I might start planning of the day instead of days ahead because that's (obviously) not working for me, wish me luck!

In other news, I got my first report of the year and this was my progress so far (The meaning of everything is at the bottom of the post because I don't know how to get it in the spoiler thingy)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  IMG_5380.JPG
Views: 66
Size:  76.7 KB

I'm not gonna lie, I was quite disappointed with the grades I was predicted, but then I remembered my school is notorious for low predictions (especially though :closedeyes:). I'll take them on the chin, and prove them wrong! I was pretty gassed to to get a blue in economics, as this is a new course for me and I'm really enjoying it so far, I was expecting a green in product design as we haven't done any major tests yet, and I'm kinda annoyed with maths as I know I could've done better on the test (and I was only 1 mark away from a green!)

Ok, I think I should end this here, otherwise I'll just ramble on forever . Anyway thanks for reading (if anyone does) and I hope it was entertaining.
    Toodles!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

31/10/17 - Happy Halloween fellow GYGers! Production is slacking, sadly

There's not much to say in this post as I have just come back to school from doing nothing in the half term (ik, it's bad) and I been sick for the past couple of days. Unfortunately, I've also been suffering from insomnia for the past couple of days so I'm absolutely exhausted at the moment. Because of this, this post will be short and sweet. This week I'll be working on my mindfulness as, frankly, I am extremely stressed out despite having a week break (not good, I know :/). Hopefully I will come harder and better next week and you guys will see that I have been slaying!

ReputationRep:

09/11/17 - Neglection is NOT the way!
    (I'm acting like anyone reads this) Sorry that I've been neglecting this thread recently, I just have been lacking motivation for this blog, and for my school work too (I know this isn't good at all, and I need to sort it out. I feel like I haven't been paying attention in school recently, even though I am listening to lessons, I haven't actually been absorbing the information. I am trying to stop this, hopefully by doing more work outside of school, and by remembering what I like about each subject I chose as for my A levels, and hopefully use that as a trigger to why I want to do my base. I hope to also use my current goals as motivation also.
    I you have any advice on how I can increase my motivation, please reply!

In other news, I'm thinking of other options of university other than just the UK. I am (possibly) thinking of doing economics as a degree, as at the moment I am really enjoying the subject, and I think I might be developing a passion. When researching the best degrees, I found out the best course is in MIT. This made me think, this would be a good opportunity to study in a different country, and travel (as I've never left the UK). However, I've come across 2 problems - the expenses and the SATs. It's really expensive to educate in the US, and I don't know how financial support works there. Furthermore, I feel like it might be a lot of pressure to revise for 2 completely different types of exams and I'm not quite sure what it entails. I would love some advice on that too

Anyway, I'll stop rambling on, I hope you've enjoyed another instalment of my blog (non existent people).
    Bye!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I often find in GYG threads that people read and don't reply, so don't feel alone in this! I spent half my blog last year saying I don't think anyone is reading this...but apparently people were...your thread has 280 views so some people definitely are!
    Interesting choice of A levels, haven't seen anyone with your combo before.
    It's good that you're doing research about unis early, so many people get to year 13 then have to rush their decisions.
    Hope you begin to feel more motivated soon! :hugs:
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Tate00)
    (I'm acting like anyone reads this)
    I've been reading it and I'm sure others have too. There are loads of blogs this year so you may feel like your blog is getting neglected at times!

I hope you continue to give regular updates because I'm sure it will be beneficial for you plus we love to read them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    I often find in GYG threads that people read and don't reply, so don't feel alone in this! I spent half my blog last year saying I don't think anyone is reading this...but apparently people were...your thread has 280 views so some people definitely are!
    Interesting choice of A levels, haven't seen anyone with your combo before.
    It's good that you're doing research about unis early, so many people get to year 13 then have to rush their decisions.
    Hope you begin to feel more motivated soon! :hugs:
    Thanks :hugs:! it good to know that there are actually people reading along. Also, I'm researching unis so early because I know how unorganised I usually am, and I know this is one thing you HAVE to be organised with XD

(Original post by Notnek)
    I've been reading it and I'm sure others have too. There are loads of blogs this year so you may feel like your blog is getting neglected at times!

I hope you continue to give regular updates because I'm sure it will be beneficial for you plus we love to read them
    Thanks for reading x, I'll try to keep it updated regularly. Ngl, sometimes I can be a bit lazy about it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thanks :hugs:! it good to know that there are actually people reading along. Also, I'm researching unis so early because I know how unorganised I usually am, and I know this is one thing you HAVE to be organised with XD
    No worries It's often quite difficult to tell that people are reading but we are! (I'm very guilty of reading and not replying :blush:)
    :lol: I use research to procrastinate :hide: but it's definitely good to be organised!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    good luck!

ReputationRep:

12/11/17 - Actually doing work (for once in my life) :lol:

Welcome back to my attempt to convince myself I'm a productive person! Yesterday was the first time I did some work on the weekend in about a month (oops), I know it looks bad but in my defence, I have a lot of frees/ study periods at school so I do most of my work then. I spent a couple of hours in the library yesterday, to revise for a maths test, do my DT homework, and make some revision notes. Unfortunately, I only managed to do the maths revision before I had to go to work. So, that means I still need to do my DT homework before it's due tomorrow (shouldn't have left it to the last minute, but at least it's quite easy). I'm kinda getting my procrastination at bay, and even though my life is still full of it, these are still baby steps, and baby steps are better than nothing.

Anyway, I'm gonna end it here before I use this as a form of procrastination :lol:, I hope you've had a semi-enjoyable time reading x

:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on the productivity I've just started reading your GYG blog posts and they're pretty enjoyable. I kinda like reading short concise posts as well as the really long ones so this is perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirri01)
    Congrats on the productivity I've just started reading your GYG blog posts and they're pretty enjoyable. I kinda like reading short concise posts as well as the really long ones so this is perfect
    Thanks hun x :heart:. Do you have a GYG blog I can check out?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hun x :heart:. Do you have a GYG blog I can check out?
    Nope, I just read other people's xx

ReputationRep:
    This is a snazzy blog I'll definitely be following it. Also, I couldn't help but notice you took Economics for A level, what's it like? I'm considering taking it for A level next year.

Good luck with everything!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a1icia)
    This is a snazzy blog I'll definitely be following it. Also, I couldn't help but notice you took Economics for A level, what's it like? I'm considering taking it for A level next year.

Good luck with everything!!
    Thanks! W/ economics, I am enjoying it a lot so far. I'll be honest, sometimes the lessons can be boring af, but the context is really interesting imo.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! W/ economics, I am enjoying it a lot so far. I'll be honest, sometimes the lessons can be boring af, but the context is really interesting imo.
    Is it very science/ mathy? It seems super interesting and something I'd love to but my only worry is that I won't be able to keep up if it's full of science lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a1icia)
    Is it very science/ mathy? It seems super interesting and something I'd love to but my only worry is that I won't be able to keep up if it's full of science lmao
    I actually do economics as well (with Edexcel) and find its more about predicting how the market/ consumers are going to react. Its got quite a few graphs but that's as far as the math goes (so far anyway ). Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirri01)
    I actually do economics as well (with Edexcel) and find its more about predicting how the market/ consumers are going to react. Its got quite a few graphs but that's as far as the math goes (so far anyway ). Hope that helps
    Yeah that's super helpful! Thank youuuuu!!

Submit reply
Updated: January 9, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.