Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tate's Grow Your Grades Thingamajig Watch

ReputationRep:

14/11/17 - Social Media cleanses and cancelled tests (woop!)

Since I last made a post I decided to go on a social media cleanse for a week. Meaning I've deleted all of the social media apps I have on my phone (apart from whatsapp - I need that for school work) and I'm banning myself from looking at any of it. I've done this because I have been feeling insecure lately, comparing my life to others and feeling down about it, and I know that's not healthy AT ALL! Furthermore, I feel like I rely on it too much, so I need to break that addiction. The final reason is that its too much of a distraction - I need to focus on my work wayyyyy more than I am atm. So far I am finding it alright, and to be honest, I'm not missing it much. I think I was going on it so much because of habit, rather than need.

In other (f**king fabulous) news, I was supposed to have an Economics test first thing today, but it got cancelled as my teacher wasn't in! :dance::dance::dance:. This is especially good news for me as I didn't have a clue about the test as I wasn't in any of the lesson with this teacher last week (1 day because of senior maths challenge, the other because I was ill). I am forever grateful that I have another day to revise, and I'm not usually a religious person, but THANK GOD BECAUSE I WAS IN DEEP SH*T! This is the lifeline I needed to not flop the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tate00)

14/11/17 - Social Media cleanses and cancelled tests (woop!)

Tbh going a social media cleanse is something that I should probably do as I spend so much time on it but can't bring myself to delete the apps as I feel I would miss too much online :eek:

Also, would you say that doing an AS level is useful as I kinda want to drop it and need some opinions xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirri01)

[/center]

Tbh going a social media cleanse is something that I should probably do as I spend so much time on it but can't bring myself to delete the apps as I feel I would miss too much online :eek:

Also, would you say that doing an AS level is useful as I kinda want to drop it and need some opinions xx
    If I’m gonna be honest, I don’t have a clue. My school doesn’t offer as levels so I had no choice but to not do them. I guess you just need to do what’s right for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tate00)
    If I’m gonna be honest, I don’t have a clue. My school doesn’t offer as levels so I had no choice but to not do them. I guess you just need to do what’s right for you
    Okay thank youu

Submit reply
Updated: November 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.