Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies, please help, does my ex want to get back....? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My ex and I were together almost 3 years and the last few months were tough with lack of job security but we broke up few weeks ago and it was really tough, she said she 'loves me still but sometimes that means you have to let someone go.'

She messaged me last night saying she misses me and we had sex a few days ago and then just made up following night, and i stayed with her, we just hugged after for ages and then she asked if I fancied coming round tonight

However, she signed up to internet dating app last Sunday and was just talking to couple of men as we had a bit of argument and she said she was lonely and doesn't have many friends. She said I was the man of her dreams before and she wanted to get married etc.

Lastly, she said she doesn't see us getting back together in 'forseable future.' I really love her and really want her back. Please help

ReputationRep:
    You have to respect her decision. Make some space between you two for her to sort out her feelings. Don't rush her or pester her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    You have to respect her decision. Make some space between you two for her to sort out her feelings. Don't rush her or pester her.
    Ok thanks, so should I just not contact her? She messaged me the other day saying 'she misses me terribly' and we met up last weekend and she was trying to hold my hand

ReputationRep:
    bump

(Original post by tjn2017)
    Ok thanks, so should I just not contact her? She messaged me the other day saying 'she misses me terribly' and we met up last weekend and she was trying to hold my hand
    Sounds like her moods are very fluctuant and unstable atm. If you do want to get back with her then be really careful because she’s saying this now once she knows she has you her mood could change entirely. My advice would be to wait a little bit first and see if she still feels the same, then consider getting back with her. In the mean time, be kind, distance yourself a little bit so she has time to work on herself
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should get back together at the moment. If she is still talking to you and talking about marriage whilst looking to meet other guys on apps and saying she doesn't want to get back with you, it sounds like she isn't sure of what she wants at the moment. The best thing to do is cut off contact for a while. It is tempting after a break up to try to spend more time with your ex and win her back, but it is doing you no good really. Take some time apart and focus on yourself for the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    I don't think you should get back together at the moment. If she is still talking to you and talking about marriage whilst looking to meet other guys on apps and saying she doesn't want to get back with you, it sounds like she isn't sure of what she wants at the moment. The best thing to do is cut off contact for a while. It is tempting after a break up to try to spend more time with your ex and win her back, but it is doing you no good really. Take some time apart and focus on yourself for the moment.
    Thanks for the advice, yeah well she said she was talking to one or two guys on Tinder when we had an argument as she was lonely, she said she isn't dating.
    I saw her the other day and we had a bit of a laugh as needed to talk about some other things and she was trying to hold me hand once or twice, I don't understand, she might just being playing mind games?

Is it likely she might date other men and still come back? She is hard work but I still love her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjn2017)
    Thanks for the advice, yeah well she said she was talking to one or two guys on Tinder when we had an argument as she was lonely, she said she isn't dating.
    I saw her the other day and we had a bit of a laugh as needed to talk about some other things and she was trying to hold me hand once or twice, I don't understand, she might just being playing mind games?

Is it likely she might date other men and still come back? She is hard work but I still love her.
    It's possible, but do you want to wait around for that chance? It isn't guaranteed that she will want to get back together with you. In the meantime, you need to try to move on yourself. She knows how you feel but she didn't want to get back together.

Did you ask her why she tried to hold your hand? Also, most people don't go on Tinder just to find friends.

Maybe in time, you two might end up in each other's lives again, but you need to do something for yourself at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    It's possible, but do you want to wait around for that chance? It isn't guaranteed that she will want to get back together with you. In the meantime, you need to try to move on yourself. She knows how you feel but she didn't want to get back together.

Did you ask her why she tried to hold your hand? Also, most people don't go on Tinder just to find friends.

Maybe in time, you two might end up in each other's lives again, but you need to do something for yourself at the moment.
    Yeah I guess there's no point in waiting and hoping. I have been trying to distract myself by playing more sport etc like I used to before her.

I didn't ask her why she was holding my hand as I liked it and didn't want her to stop

Sorry she was talking to some guys on Bumble, not Tinder as she said she was lonely ad trying to distract herself from sadness, she assured me she hasn't gone on any dates and I do trust her

ReputationRep:
    You are her number one but she is keeping her options open in case it doesn't work out

ReputationRep:
    See if you can find someone better who won't mess you around.

ReputationRep:
    she wants anal

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.