Degree after Biology Psychology and Sociology A level Watch

Hhsnndk
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I chose to do Biology, Sociology and psychology as my A Levels but I do not know what degree to aim for. My school only allowed for 3 A levels unless you did futher maths (i did not obv) but as i was reading different thrrads on here I found out that 3 is not really a good amount and that i shouldve done more. I didnt even know you could do 4 a levels till the student room. Anyway i want to know what I can do because i feel like I cant go anywhere. All of the courses i want to do need Chem or Maths or Physics so i dont know what to do.

Are my a level choices okay? and if so, any suggestions for courses? <o/
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Three A-levels is the recommended amount. Some students do four, but it does depend on how well they can manage their workload. You aren't missing anything out by only doing three, if you do well in your three subjects, you can get into a good university.

In terms of deciding what to study, do you have any particular interests or career goals? If the courses require Chemistry or Maths A-Level, is it possible to change one of your subjects or add another subject at this moment?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Well, any Psychology or Sociology courses would be possible and relevant. Anthropology, either social or Physical/Biological or Human Sciences are possibilities as well that fit your overall "theme".

There are some bioscience courses that don't require Chemistry (or other science subjects) but these will be primarily organismal/evolutionary/ecological biology courses (such as some Zoology and Plant Sciences courses, Ecology/Conservation type courses, and perhaps one of the rare palaebiology/evolution courses are possibilities.

Of course you could also do a science foundation year linked to one of the courses you are interested in but don't have the prerequisites for (such chemistry or maths).
AleenaBiju
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey what did u do in the end 💞
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (100)
68.49%
No I haven't decided yet (27)
18.49%
Yes but I might change my mind (19)
13.01%

Watched Threads