Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Look f you take a minute and read your writing then you will see why. Not only that people here generally don't care about your personal "affair". It would really help if you could post more useful things such as "revision" and "study help" etc. NOT stirring completely ****** up. Generally what is fuelling your education is your parents - not really the best attitude.

There are far more disadvantaged people in this forum. Just remember that.

To sum this up really there are bigger issues in the world than your issue, You either face up to it or carry on with the subject.

ReputationRep:
    Wait till you get into A levels, that's where the pressure REALLY starts and be prepared to take a lot of slaps in your face.
    Yeah you should be scared for results day, man thought he got 3 A*s 4 or 5 As and the odds Bs and Cs but ended up getting no As or A*s AT ALL, man got a heart attack after that and yeah that was the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miadaisy247)
    Not to sound big-headed or anything but I'm doing pretty well in all my subjects (7-9) in all but I am honestly petrified of doing bad. I feel like I have SO much pressure from my parents, my teachers and myself who all expect me to do really well. I'm afraid that I cant live up to their expectations and I have set really high standards for myself that I will be SOOOOO upset if I don't make them. To make things worse my geography teacher (fav subject) has put in place some "friendly competition" between myself and a guy in my class. Our parents have a history of his family doing better than mine and they will be so upset if I don't beat him (our teacher is giving whoever gets a higher result on GCSE a big prize) and I just know already he is going to win. I'm so scared of results day already and its only been one half term into y11, what shall I do aghhhh?
    It's sad that there's so much pressure on some GCSE kids nowadays... Especially with this competition situation you've been put in. Maybe it would help if you just told your parents straight that you are really stressed about it and ask them if it really means that much to them because it might not be as important to them as you believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    Wait till you get into A levels, that's where the pressure REALLY starts and be prepared to take a lot of slaps in your face.
    Yeah you should be scared for results day, man thought he got 3 A*s 4 or 5 As and the odds Bs and Cs but ended up getting no As or A*s AT ALL, man got a heart attack after that and yeah that was the end.
    wat m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sint)
    It's sad that there's so much pressure on some GCSE kids nowadays... Especially with this competition situation you've been put in. Maybe it would help if you just told your parents straight that you are really stressed about it and ask them if it really means that much to them because it might not be as important to them as you believe.
    I knowww, that's what a lot of my teachers said at parents evening Exactly like we are both of same ability but I just know he's going to get a few more marks than me. They always say that whatever I do will be amazing but they tell all their friends how I'm going to get like all As and A*s so I know that they actually do care a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reversed Flash)
    Look f you take a minute and read your writing then you will see why. Not only that people here generally don't care about your personal "affair". It would really help if you could post more useful things such as "revision" and "study help" etc. NOT stirring completely ****** up. Generally what is fuelling your education is your parents - not really the best attitude.

There are far more disadvantaged people in this forum. Just remember that.

To sum this up really there are bigger issues in the world than your issue, You either face up to it or carry on with the subject.
    I understood that you might not be able to empathise with what OP is going through but to them this is a big deal. Everything is relative - would you tell someone who is suffering from depression that there are other people in the world starving to death and to just deal with it? I know that's an extreme, but to GCSE students their exams are the most stressful thing they've ever been through by a long way. Lots of students worry and it can have a bad impact on their mental health if they don't get the support that they need.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.