Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

From bleach blonde to brown hair Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there

I hope somebody can give me advice. I was bleached blonde for 2 years and it thinned my hair so I decided to go back brown to try help get my hair healthy again.

So I bought 2 dyes, a red cherry dye asover a filler which in only left on for 15 mins, it took to my hair quickly.

I then put a medium brown over it. It turned out a medium muddy looking brown. Not flattering.

So after 2 weeks of been washed and treated my hair the red has washed out a lot on the ends of my hair, leaving a brown blonde, but still there's some stripes of red peeking through. The top of my hair is slightly darker and it's more red with some blonde starting to peek through. It's awful. I feel so upset.

My plan is to go to a hair salon, but how long should I wait? The ends are porous, and still dry, the top of my hair is healthy and soft. Also I really don't want to put any more red toned dye into my hair. I would love a natural medium to light brown. Will the hair dresser put another red based dye in or can she dye over it with natural brown? As I said parts of my hair has blonde coming through the brown, will those bits go green?

Any advice would be great.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.