Amullai
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have started my maths and further maths a level and so far i have basically completed all of C1 and C2 along with about half of FP1 (complex numbers, matrices, roots of polynomials and we started the inverse of matrices in class). I was just wondering what are the hardest topics from all of the modules? I found most of C1 and C2 easy and want to do some of the harder stuff like the calculus with parametric equations etc.
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Amullai)
I have started my maths and further maths a level and so far i have basically completed all of C1 and C2 along with about half of FP1 (complex numbers, matrices, roots of polynomials and we started the inverse of matrices in class). I was just wondering what are the hardest topics from all of the modules? I found most of C1 and C2 easy and want to do some of the harder stuff like the calculus with parametric equations etc.
Are you in Year 12? If so, why are you studying modules?
Daniel100499
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Trust me C1 & C2 look like gcse work once you start C3 & C4 lol.
Hardest topics I found were trig identities and trig differentiation in C3 and vectors in C4
Amullai
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daniel100499)
Trust me C1 & C2 look like gcse work once you start C3 & C4 lol.
Hardest topics I found were trig identities and trig differentiation in C3 and vectors in C4
Ok. I have looked at some of the course. What were the identities. I know some identities such as sin(theta)/cos(theta)=tan(theta) and costheta)^2 + sin(theta)^2 = 1 but i have heard of some like the half angle identities that looked harder.
Amullai
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Are you in Year 12? If so, why are you studying modules?
The teacher gave us the old books for the course. I just split it up like that to explain what I had done without listing 10-15 topics in detail.
nerdofscience
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Im currently in my second year of college doing Maths, F.Maths, and Chemistry and I'd personally say M1/M2 are the hardest, FP2/3 are very different from FP1, but neither are too bad, S1 is quite easy and C3/4 are fine if you wrap you head around the trig and remember a load of rules about integration and differentiation. Good Luck.
Daniel100499
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ok. I have looked at some of the course. What were the identities. I know some identities such as sin(theta)/cos(theta)=tan(theta) and costheta)^2 + sin(theta)^2 = 1 but i have heard of some like the half angle identities that looked harder.
Trig identities such as Sin2x = 2SinXCosX, Cos2x = Cos^2(X) - Sin^2(X) and applying these to exam questions, not the easiest of topics, but once you get your head around it, then it becomes easy 👍🏼
Amullai
Rep:
?
(Original post by nerdofscience)
Im currently in my second year of college doing Maths, F.Maths, and Chemistry and I'd personally say M1/M2 are the hardest, FP2/3 are very different from FP1, but neither are too bad, S1 is quite easy and C3/4 are fine if you wrap you head around the trig and remember a load of rules about integration and differentiation. Good Luck.
Ok thanks. From what i saw most of it is covered in physics so i hope it isn't too hard.
Amullai
Rep:
?
(Original post by Daniel100499)
Trig identities such as Sin2x = 2SinXCosX, Cos2x = Cos^2(X) - Sin^2(X) and applying these to exam questions, not the easiest of topics, but once you get your head around it, then it becomes easy 👍🏼
Ok nice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.85%
No (182)
76.15%

Watched Threads