Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where can I find a simple plain black t-shirt? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why is it so difficult? A few months ago in Primark I found a lovely t-shirt. Plain and black (required for work) short sleeves and long enough to cover my bum (which makes me more comfortable in my job) so I bought 3 of them. Recently my shifts have changed and I need to buy some more shirts, but I've moved to uni so I can't go to the same Primark.

I went to my new local one and couldn't find anything. I tried H&M, Debenhams, River Island, Topshop, New Look, Next... and I think that's it. They're all local to me. All the black t-shirts either have a sheer back, are far too low cut or have some writing or pattern or design on them making them not suitable.

Why is it so hard to find a simple t-shirt? I've found one on Asos but I'm having order troubles but if that gets sorted I'll be fine. Does anyone know any other stores I have missed that I can try? Or possibly online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    Why is it so difficult? A few months ago in Primark I found a lovely t-shirt. Plain and black (required for work) short sleeves and long enough to cover my bum (which makes me more comfortable in my job) so I bought 3 of them. Recently my shifts have changed and I need to buy some more shirts, but I've moved to uni so I can't go to the same Primark.

I went to my new local one and couldn't find anything. I tried H&M, Debenhams, River Island, Topshop, New Look, Next... and I think that's it. They're all local to me. All the black t-shirts either have a sheer back, are far too low cut or have some writing or pattern or design on them making them not suitable.

Why is it so hard to find a simple t-shirt? I've found one on Asos but I'm having order troubles but if that gets sorted I'll be fine. Does anyone know any other stores I have missed that I can try? Or possibly online?
    Go to primark again if not and one with a logo is fine nike or north face
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    Go to primark again if not and one with a logo is fine nike or north face
    I've been to Primark twice and it needs to be plain black, so no logos. Literally nothing but black cotton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I've been to Primark twice and it needs to be plain black, so no logos. Literally nothing but black cotton.
    Primark always have plain coloured t-shirts
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    Primark always have plain coloured t-shirts
    That's what I was expecting! There's always a section dedicated to them. It is a huge store so I probably just wasn't finding the right area. Anyway, in the time between posting and now I've found one online at H&M so I'll order it and if I like it I'll order more. Fingers crossed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.