Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ... Or is he?

Despite the fear mongering from the corporatist Blairites who warned that Corbyn's labour was too far left, too anti-business, too mired with controversy, too out of touch and too radical, Corbyn managed to achieve a swing of +9.6% more votes at the last election, gaining 30 seats in the process (whilst the Conservatives, expected to expand their majority against the ostensibly woefully incompetent Corbyn, lost 13 seats).

Since the June 2017 election, the polls have consistently shown a surge in support for Corbyn's labour. A September 2017 YouGov survey (for The Times) found that Jeremy Corbyn would become PM with a majority government if there was another election, with 42% backing Labour and 41% the Conservatives (source).

More recently, an October 2017 Survation poll showed further gains for Corbyn's Labour, with Labour on 44% (+2) and the Tories on 38% (source).

So, when will the Blairites admit they were wrong about (i) the direction the Labour Party should go in, and (ii) Corbyn's electability? (A rhetorical question, obviously. )

Spoiler:
    Show

Predicted responses:

1. Labour haven't won an election with Corbyn yet.
    2. They are only doing well in the polls because Theresa May is so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Tony Blair himself said he can now see Corbyn becoming Prime minister http://www.politico.eu/article/tony-...my-corbyn/amp/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    Tony Blair himself said he can now see Corbyn becoming Prime minister http://www.politico.eu/article/tony-...my-corbyn/amp/
    Thanks for this - even the man himself concedes he was wrong about Corbyn!

When can we expect his minions to do the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Palmyra)
    Thanks for this - even the man himself concedes he was wrong about Corbyn!

When can we expect his minions to do the same?
    Well he never said he was the best solution for the country, he and the blairities still hold their position, that the centre ground is what's best for the country, and I would agree. Had labour run on a pure new labour platform in 2010 or 2015 we could've had a labour government today, Maybe not a radical Corbyn led one but one that kept the tories and their mess out.

ReputationRep:
    'If you vote for me I'll give you each a pot of gold. And a unicorn. And your own personal doctor. And make those nasty corporations pay loads more money so you won't have to. We'll make all the trains run on time and get energy companies to provide free power. And we'll have world peace because I know all the bad guys and they're not really bad guys and they're just misunderstood. And my future Home Secretary says that if you donate £1 that will pay for 73 new policemen for your neighbourhood.'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.