Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nikey's GCSE GYG :D Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hii, I'm Nikey (ironic as I prefer Adidas )
    I've been lurking on TSR for ages and have just made this account.

I'm currently in year 11 and my predictions are:
    English Language = 8
    English Literature = 8
    Maths = 9
    Biology = 9
    Chemistry = 9
    Physics = 8
    Geography = 8
    Religious Studies = 8
    French = 8

I'm confident in Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Geography, Religious Studies and French but less so in English Language, English Literature and Physics so will be working on these the most.

That's all for now - I'll write a more detailed post later when I've finished some revision

ReputationRep:
    Hey would you like to study together? Please PM me, and your grades are great

ReputationRep:
    So, this is my more detailed post about myself

I'm 15 and 5'3" (one of the smallest in year 11). I love to play football, listen to music (especially The Script) and study. My favourite foods are Jaffa Cakes, chicken nuggets and bananas xD

I've applied to sixth form and I'm planning to take Biology, Chemistry and Maths (alongside an EPQ) and will hopefully study medicine at university because I'm very passionate about it and have many personal reasons for pursuing it. I have six months of work experience with disabled children which I enjoyed thoroughly.

Whilst I'm in sixth form I plan to continue learning French as I love it and I think learning another language is a good skill to have.

I have a revision timetable (I'll try to attach it) which I'll be following when my mocks are done (1 more exam to go!!)

I revise by going through the specifications and making questions on everything. I then file these questions and test myself frequently. I also use past paper/specimen paper questions and flashcards for a few key points (e.g. Geography case studies or maths equations). I also frequently read through the CGP guides and just try to understand everything as well as I possibly can.

I struggle with English because I find it quite abstract, therefore it's difficult for me. The only reason I struggle with Physics slightly is because I have a teacher who isn't the best (for me) - however with my own work at home my grade has improved vastly which is good

My absolute favourite subject is maths. It's just so logical, makes sense and I find it so interesting. After that I love all the sciences. My other subjects are okay, and then I detest English (I feel like this will be a recurring theme in my posts )

So yeah, that's basically all there is to say about myself I think. I'll be updating this thread whenever I remember (probably every night if I can). Tonight I've just written a few French essays in practise for tomorrow's French Writing exam.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    hey, good luck with your mocks!!
    do you get study leave for them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    hey, good luck with your mocks!!
    do you get study leave for them?
    Thanks
    No we don't, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be following you through your gcse journey! All the best Xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Why not aim for a 9 in everything
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.N123)
    I'll be following you through your gcse journey! All the best Xxxxx
    Thank you

(Original post by PhilipMcKenna)
    Why not aim for a 9 in everything
    I don't see the need to. I'm perfectly happy with my targets.

ReputationRep:
    So, I have now finished my mocks and I'm going to relax a bit for tonight as I'm so tired. Today was French Writing and I feel like it couldn't have gone any better. I'm so happy with what I wrote.

I've bought 9 notebooks (1 per subject) in which I will copy up any existing revision questions I've made so they're all together. Will also leave room to write up more, so I should have gone through the entire spec and made detailed questions by New Year hopefully.

I will do a bit of English tonight, just making a list of good words to use for essays as I need to pm someone to help them.

Going to have a much needed cup of tea now and look up maths memes (jeez, what a nerd )

ReputationRep:
    It's now my half-term holidays for 2 weeks and although I'm glad I'll be able to sleep in, I'm actually sad because I like school/learning. Will try to do a fair bit of revision this next week, as the week after I go away with my family.

On the Tuesday when I go back to school this 'Operating Theatre Live' thing is coming in and I'm SO EXCITED. We get to dissect things and learn about the human anatomy and it's going to be awesome

Also, I got my Physics exam back and I got 79/100 - a grade 8!!!!! I've never been so happy over an exam result because I've genuinely always struggled with Physics so this is such an improvement for me. Also, it's not for definite but my maths teacher showed me the mark schemes for my exams and I got about 200-210/240 overall which is a grade 9!!!!

Got a sixth form interview next Tuesday along with 2 of my mates (I'll just call them J and N). Sleeping at another mates (I'll call them L) on Monday night along with J, N and another 2 mates (I'll call them T and D). Quite nervous for the interview but obviously I've got J and N coming with me so it'll be fine.

Tonight I'm going to revise maths and a bit of English (just reading/annotating the texts). Going to eat first though, and then catch up on this week's Corrie that I've missed

ReputationRep:
    Today I've written out all of the questions covering the entirety of Geography Unit 1A (The Challenge of Natural Hazards) in my notebook. Will try to attach a picture of the first page.

I'm going to do Physics Unit 1 (Energy) and then maybe Physics Unit 2 (Electricity) if I get round to it.

Name:  20171022_133058-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  271.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Now done Physics Unit 1 (Energy) and have decided to do Geography Unit 1B (The Living World) next.

I've made a to-do list for these holidays, as I won't be able to revise properly tomorrow, Tuesday or from next Saturday to the Saturday after (holiday with family).

It's just a list of what I want to revise before back to school:
    - Biology Unit 1 (Cell Biology)
    - Biology Unit 2 (Organisation)
    - Biology Unit 3 (Infection and Response)
    - Chemistry Unit 1 (Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table)
    - Chemistry Unit 2 (Bonding, Structure and Properties of Matter)
    - Chemistry Unit 3 (Quantitative Chemistry)
    - Physics Unit 2 (Electricity)
    - Physics Unit 3 (Particle Model of Matter)
    - Geography Unit 1B (The Living World - doing tonight)
    - Geography Unit 1C (Physical Landscapes in the UK)
    - Religious Studies Unit 1A (Beliefs, Teachings and Practices in Christianity)
    - Religious Studies Unit 1B (Beliefs, Teachings and Practices in Islam)
    - Maths (circles, functions, iterations and algebraic fractions)

Very confident I can get it all done, as I can easily do 2-4 units a day, and fit an odd unit in here or there.

Right, I'm going to go and revise Geography Unit 1B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikey)
    Today I've written out all of the questions covering the entirety of Geography Unit 1A (The Challenge of Natural Hazards) in my notebook. Will try to attach a picture of the first page.

I'm going to do Physics Unit 1 (Energy) and then maybe Physics Unit 2 (Electricity) if I get round to it.

Name:  20171022_133058-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  271.3 KB
    really unrelated, but i love your handwriting, it's so fascinating.. idk
    i'm also in year 11 and predicted similar grades. your motivation is so inspiring; i hardly have the motivation to do compulsory homework rn. the fact you're revising this early is so inspiring. i'm sure you'll get the grades you deserve!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by troubletracking)
    really unrelated, but i love your handwriting, it's so fascinating.. idk
    i'm also in year 11 and predicted similar grades. your motivation is so inspiring; i hardly have the motivation to do compulsory homework rn. the fact you're revising this early is so inspiring. i'm sure you'll get the grades you deserve!
    Haha, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 11, too! Best of luck with your journey x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikos)
    I'm in year 11, too! Best of luck with your journey x
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Today I've revised Chemistry Unit 1 (Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table). I'll try to attach an image of some of my questions.

Going to my mates soon and I'm looking forward to it. Got my sixth form interview tomorrow which I'm extremely nervous about - will update this thread after it.

I've also discovered sudoku - it's amazing
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikey)
    Today I've revised Chemistry Unit 1 (Atomic Structure and the Periodic Table). I'll try to attach an image of some of my questions.

Going to my mates soon and I'm looking forward to it. Got my sixth form interview tomorrow which I'm extremely nervous about - will update this thread after it.

Good luck with your interview tomorrow- I haven’t gotten the dates for mine yet! Noticed we have very similar predicted grades! I have a gyg thread as well (to try and motivate me 😂) https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2#post74171492
    We’re going to Shrek year 11!
    With jaffaaaaaa cakessssss!
    Toastiekid xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikey)

Have fun at your friends! Im going round to my friends for a birthday sleepover on Wednesday so getting as much done now! Also good luck with your sixth form interview! You'll do great! Xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toastiekid)
    Good luck with your interview tomorrow- I haven’t gotten the dates for mine yet! Noticed we have very similar predicted grades! I have a gyg thread as well (to try and motivate me 😂) https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...2#post74171492
    We’re going to Shrek year 11!
    With jaffaaaaaa cakessssss!
    Toastiekid xx
    Thanks Jaffa Cakes are the best!!
    I've given you a follow and I'm watching your GYG thread

(Original post by A.N123)
    Have fun at your friends! Im going round to my friends for a birthday sleepover on Wednesday so getting as much done now! Also good luck with your sixth form interview! You'll do great! Xxxx
    Thanks!!!

Submit reply
Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.