Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nikey's GCSE GYG :D Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikey)
    Thank you
    Will be following along with your journey.
    Mind checking my blog out - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...3#post74416152

ReputationRep:
    good luck with your exams, will be following this thread.
    also if you dont mind me asking what app you are using for your calendar revision timetable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gw07mcgheerachel)
    Will be following along with your journey.
    Mind checking my blog out - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...3#post74416152
    Sure, will do

(Original post by zvk)
    good luck with your exams, will be following this thread.
    also if you dont mind me asking what app you are using for your calendar revision timetable?
    Thank you
    For the coloured weekly one I just typed in 'timetable app' on Google play store.
    The one I've made until May I just wrote out on paper.

ReputationRep:
    Got some definite results back from my mocks (ones I posted before were a rough estimate):
    Biology = 93/100 = 9
    Chemistry = 96/100 = 9
    Physics = 79/100 = 8
    Maths = 202/240 = 9
    Geography = 64/88 = 7
    Religious Studies = 44/48 = 9

Just waiting for the English and French results to be confirmed.

Also, I'M GETTING WORK EXPERIENCE!!! And I organised it BY MYSELF (big deal as I'm really anxious about everything). Just got some forms to complete, get proof of my vaccinations and complete an assessment and hopefully I'll have a 2 week hospital placement in July (can you tell I'm excited????)

Going to revise Biology Unit 2 (Organisation) tonight - writing notes and a prompt sheet.

After that I'm going to read 'The Scorch Trials' (I'm hooked on 'The Maze Runner' series, it's my favourite thing in the whole world - better than Jaffa Cakes). I've got the first 4 books and have read them so many times and they're just so awesome. I'm getting the newest installment 'The Fever Code' soon and I'm so happy

ReputationRep:
    WOw, well done on your mocks! Four 9s!! I'm sure you've smashed French and English too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikey)
    Got some definite results back from my mocks (ones I posted before were a rough estimate):
    Biology = 93/100 = 9
    Chemistry = 96/100 = 9
    Physics = 79/100 = 8
    Maths = 202/240 = 9
    Geography = 64/88 = 7
    Religious Studies = 44/48 = 9

Just waiting for the English and French results to be confirmed.

Also, I'M GETTING WORK EXPERIENCE!!! And I organised it BY MYSELF (big deal as I'm really anxious about everything). Just got some forms to complete, get proof of my vaccinations and complete an assessment and hopefully I'll have a 2 week hospital placement in July (can you tell I'm excited????)

Going to revise Biology Unit 2 (Organisation) tonight - writing notes and a prompt sheet.

After that I'm going to read 'The Scorch Trials' (I'm hooked on 'The Maze Runner' series, it's my favourite thing in the whole world - better than Jaffa Cakes). I've got the first 4 books and have read them so many times and they're just so awesome. I'm getting the newest installment 'The Fever Code' soon and I'm so happy
    Well done on both your results and work experience!!!!! If you dont mind me asking, how did you go around getting hospital work placement?!
    Also the maze runner series is AMAZING!!!!!
    Who's your favourite character? Mines Newt and Minho (and Thomas of course lol)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.N123)
    Well done on both your results and work experience!!!!! If you dont mind me asking, how did you go around getting hospital work placement?!
    Also the maze runner series is AMAZING!!!!!
    Who's your favourite character? Mines Newt and Minho (and Thomas of course lol)
    Thank you
    I just emailed the hospital asking if they offered work experience, and they sent me application forms and information.
    My favourite is Newt

ReputationRep:
    good luck! how’s the blurt technique working?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    good luck! how’s the blurt technique working?
    Thanks
    It's working well. I've only been using it a short while but I find it to be really effective

ReputationRep:
    I got my English and French results back:

English Language = 132/160 = 7
    English Literature = 24/34 = 6
    French = 167/200 = 7

I was SO surprised at my English results, because I was honestly convinced they had gone appalling and was hoping to scrape a 5. My English Literature I'm particularly astounded by as that was the day I threw up in school but was made to sit the exam before I was allowed to go home! Overall I got 4 9's, 1 8, 3 7's and 1 6 in my mocks. I'm extremely happy with these results, but I'm going to keep working and improve my weakest areas - no slacking.

Finished 'The Scorch Trials' now and on to 'The Death Cure'. This book makes me cry every time (embarrassing but true ).

Tonight I'm going to revise Religious Studies Unit 1A - Christian Beliefs, Teachings and Practices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikey)

French = 167/200 = 7

I was SO surprised at my English results, because I was honestly convinced they had gone appalling and was hoping to scrape a 5. My English Literature I'm particularly astounded by as that was the day I threw up in school but was made to sit the exam before I was allowed to go home! Overall I got 4 9's, 1 8, 3 7's and 1 6 in my mocks. I'm extremely happy with these results, but I'm going to keep working and improve my weakest areas - no slacking.

Finished 'The Scorch Trials' now and on to 'The Death Cure'. This book makes me cry every time (embarrassing but true ).

Tonight I'm going to revise Religious Studies Unit 1A - Christian Beliefs, Teachings and Practices.
    Yassssss your SMASHING these exams!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.N123)
    Yassssss your SMASHING these exams!!!!!!!
    Haha, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikey)

French = 167/200 = 7

Well In!

ReputationRep:
    I'VE FINALLY FOUND THE PERFECT REVISION TECHNIQUE FOR MYSELF!!!

Don't get me wrong, the blurt technique and writing notes was effective, but my new way is better for me. It is........ FLASHCARDS.

Basically, I'll put a title (e.g. Eukaryotic Cells), put the unit in the corner (e.g. B1) and condense all the essential info onto a flashcard and highlight key bits. I'll try to attach a picture of one of tonight's flashcards.

I've made a new timetable leading until January (will attach pic tomorrow), in which I'll be making flashcards on every bit of content for all my subjects. Then from January to April I'll repeatedly go over these flashcards over and over again. From April onwards I'll focus mostly on exam questions to perfect my exam technique.

Tonight I've done Biology Unit 1 (Cell Biology) and I'm loving my flashcards. I've also bought a notebook to write down all of the science required practicals in.

Name:  20171109_183024.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  411.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    Here's my timetable up until January. Hopefully I'll stick to it

Name:  20171110_071653-1.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  281.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikey)

Don't get me wrong, the blurt technique and writing notes was effective, but my new way is better for me. It is........ FLASHCARDS.

Basically, I'll put a title (e.g. Eukaryotic Cells), put the unit in the corner (e.g. B1) and condense all the essential info onto a flashcard and highlight key bits. I'll try to attach a picture of one of tonight's flashcards.

I've made a new timetable leading until January (will attach pic tomorrow), in which I'll be making flashcards on every bit of content for all my subjects. Then from January to April I'll repeatedly go over these flashcards over and over again. From April onwards I'll focus mostly on exam questions to perfect my exam technique.

Tonight I've done Biology Unit 1 (Cell Biology) and I'm loving my flashcards. I've also bought a notebook to write down all of the science required practicals in.

YASSSS FLASHCARDS! I use the same method as you as well haha. All i do is write the topic and chapter in the corner( eg P1 conservation and dissipation of energy) then write out around 3 questions on them. On the otherside is the answer and i highlight the words/phrases i NEED to mention and remember. For longer more detailed questions, i write the question and below it i write what i must include so when i turn it round the highlighted words will be what i must include! It is very VERY useful! And also very quick especially when i want quick brain teasers!
    I'll send a pic when i get home from school!
    Have a nice day xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3588150)

Totally agree, I love flashcards! Love that you've highlighted stuff too nice and bright

Submit reply
Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.