Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I be a private tutor (17 years old)? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was thinking for some extra cash on the side to take up private tutoring. I'm in my first year of A levels, and so would be comfortable teaching SATs and GCSE.
    Am I allowed to just advertise myself as a private tutor and teach kids or do I need specific qualifications and permission from someone?

ReputationRep:
    I tutored a year 7 maths for £15 an hour when I was 17

The best way is to go to teachers and ask them if they know anyone looking for tuition then ask for your details to be passed on and wait for them to contact you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zxyn)
    I tutored a year 7 maths for £15 an hour when I was 17

The best way is to go to teachers and ask them if they know anyone looking for tuition then ask for your details to be passed on and wait for them to contact you
    Thats great- so I dont need like permission from the government or something hahaha i can just go for it?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's better to find people maybe at your school to help, who would be willing to pay you. Because if you advertise yourself on a website there will be literally so many people with degrees and teaching qualifications to compete with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny787)
    Thats great- so I dont need like permission from the government or something hahaha i can just go for it?
    Nope, just go for it! Although if you advertise online without any experience, no degree and young, you likely won’t get any students coming to you unless you’re super cheap

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.