Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just sent in my UCAS application for these 5 unis to do BSc chemistry:
    - Kings College
    - Queens Mary
    -Surrey
    -Kent
    -Sussex

My predicted grades are AAB with A's in chem and bio whilst the B is in maths. I'm not sure if chemistry is competitive or not but what are the chances of recieveing offers from any of these unis?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrius,C)
    Hey, I just sent in my UCAS application for these 5 unis to do BSc chemistry:
    - Kings College
    - Queens Mary
    -Surrey
    -Kent
    -Sussex

My predicted grades are AAB with A's in chem and bio whilst the B is in maths. I'm not sure if chemistry is competitive or not but what are the chances of recieveing offers from any of these unis?
    If you meet the requirements then you will have a chance of getting an offer otherwise they would advertise different requirements.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. The unis will give their normal entry grades on their website in the chemistry undergraduate pages. If you are predicted to achieve those grades and this is likely given your track record, then you have a good chance of getting an offer. Often unis show their entry as a range eg AAB - ABB. This means the higher grade is the standard offer, and the lower applies if you have contextual factors, like being in a school with low uni applicants. Hope this helps!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Entry requirements are there for a reason, if you meet them, you have a chance but it isn't ALL about grades, they will look at your PS and reference too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.