Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I need some clarity as I’m panicking a bit.

I’m on a four year degree ( 3 academic years + year long placement)

Here is a breakdown of my uni career

2013/2014 - first year which I failed (full 9k funding & 3.5k maintenance)

2014/2015 - first year repeat which I passed (full 9k funding & 3.5k maintenance)

2015/2016 - second year which I deferred a handful of modules due to extenuating circumstances, I received a letter from SFE saying I wasn’t eligible for funding for my next year because I had repeated more than 1 year, I provided evidence of my extenuating circumstances and this was sorted out .(full 9k funding & 3.5k maintenance)

2016/2017-second year module repeats which I passed (4.5k funding & full maintenance)

2017/2018 - year long placement which I have funding for. Only £1000 + £1700 maintenance

2018/2019 - final year, I’m trying to apply for finance for this but it isn’t letting me as I t says I have applications for all available academic years

Im scared now that I won’t get funding for my final year, can anyone provide some insight into this please and tell me what I can do to get this cleared up.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by help-me333)
    Hi I need some clarity as I’m panicking a bit.

I’m on a four year degree ( 3 academic years + year long placement)

Here is a breakdown of my uni career

2013/2014 - first year which I failed (full 9k funding & 3.5k maintenance)

2014/2015 - first year repeat which I passed (full 9k funding & 3.5k maintenance)

2015/2016 - second year which I deferred a handful of modules due to extenuating circumstances, I received a letter from SFE saying I wasn’t eligible for funding for my next year because I had repeated more than 1 year, I provided evidence of my extenuating circumstances and this was sorted out .(full 9k funding & 3.5k maintenance)

2016/2017-second year module repeats which I passed (4.5k funding & full maintenance)

2017/2018 - year long placement which I have funding for. Only £1000 + £1700 maintenance

2018/2019 - final year, I’m trying to apply for finance for this but it isn’t letting me as I t says I have applications for all available academic years

Im scared now that I won’t get funding for my final year, can anyone provide some insight into this please and tell me what I can do to get this cleared up.
    Applications for 2018/19 finance aren’t open yet. You’ll apply in March/April time. SFE front load any unfunded years - they refuse funding as soon as they can and don’t save unfunded years to the end of the course. If you’re funded now then you’ll be fine for your final year (unless you need to repeat another year for some reason then it’s the same situation as you had in 16/17)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.