Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Kings college, wimbledon, city of london, godolphin and latymer and latymer upper Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!

I am in y11 and I am currently applying for the schools listed in the title, if anyone has any advice if you have taken the exam and could give some ideas of what to expect, it would amazing and so helpful!!! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Air321)
    Hi there!

I am in y11 and I am currently applying for the schools listed in the title, if anyone has any advice if you have taken the exam and could give some ideas of what to expect, it would amazing and so helpful!!! Thank you!

Exams to go for sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cityboy101)
    Exams to go for sixth form?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Air321)
    Yes

Expect it to be more like a university interview than an 11+ interview. Show that you are passionate about the subjects that you are doing (extra reading, lectures etc). It also helps if you do research on the school, wikipedia is a good place to start. Identify societies and things that the school offer that you would like to start, and most importantly show charm and charisma, they will all sacrifice a few A*s for a boy that has bags of charm and charisma, and you wont stand a chance if you have neither, even if you have 15 A*s. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cityboy101)
    Expect it to be more like a university interview than an 11+ interview. Show that you are passionate about the subjects that you are doing (extra reading, lectures etc). It also helps if you do research on the school, wikipedia is a good place to start. Identify societies and things that the school offer that you would like to start, and most importantly show charm and charisma, they will all sacrifice a few A*s for a boy that has bags of charm and charisma, and you wont stand a chance if you have neither, even if you have 15 A*s. Hope that helps
    Perfect! This was so helpful, thank you xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.