Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    So i am in a bit of a dilemma at the moment, im currently applying for universitys, my personal tutor is the best at UCAS as she has written me an amazing reference and i have only known her for two months! I would like to study a BSC in child nursing at Birmingham City University but am really stuck on wording my personal statment. It is just that i do not know how to start it and make it sound appealing to the admissions tutors, don't get me wrong i have done many things to make my personal stament stand out (studnet ambassador, lots of work experience etc)

Im just so confused and extremely scared of my application getting rejected. I honestly have the passion for working with children who are ill as i have raised my younger cousins whos mother was severly sight impaired blind. Can you give me our best dvice on my personal stament, because i have done lots of research and even used the UCAS tool but im not getting anywhere

Also if my application gets accepted (hopefully) i will obviously be asked to attend a interview, what should i do to make sure that my interview goes well as i know that on the interview they will give me an assesment, i think

And lastly im slightly confused about student finance as i am looking to apply for it. My UCAS application asked me to select the job role one of my parents, i put down my dads role that he is a process manager, so i went on the GOV.UK website to find out more it told me to add my dads yearly wage to predict how much finance i will receive, now my dad earns £40,000 per anum but i do not live with my dad as my parents are divorced and my grandfather pays for everything, so should i change the question about a parent or guardians job role to my grandfathers previous job and will this effect my studnet finance?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,With regards to your personal statement I would go to an open day. I'm starting at BCU in January for adult nursing and at an open day I spoke to an admissions tutor. I advised them on what I had already wrote/work experience and they advised me on what I should add or expand on. It really helped, I got an interview 2 weeks later.Unfortunately can't advise on student finance, I'm a independent student. Maybe try calling student finance and see if they can advise.Hope that helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.