Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    So i am in a bit of a dilemma at the moment, im currently applying for universitys, my personal tutor is the best at UCAS as she has written me an amazing reference and i have only known her for two months! I would like to study a BSC in child nursing at Birmingham City University but am really stuck on wording my personal statment. It is just that i do not know how to start it and make it sound appealing to the admissions tutors, don't get me wrong i have done many things to make my personal stament stand out (studnet ambassador, lots of work experience etc)

Im just so confused and extremely scared of my application getting rejected. I honestly have the passion for working with children who are ill as i have raised my younger cousins whos mother was severly sight impaired blind. Can you give me our best dvice on my personal stament, because i have done lots of research and even used the UCAS tool but im not getting anywhere

Also if my application gets accepted (hopefully) i will obviously be asked to attend a interview, what should i do to make sure that my interview goes well as i know that on the interview they will give me an assesment, i think

And lastly im slightly confused about student finance as i am looking to apply for it. My UCAS application asked me to select the job role one of my parents, i put down my dads role that he is a process manager, so i went on the GOV.UK website to find out more it told me to add my dads yearly wage to predict how much finance i will receive, now my dad earns £40,000 per anum but i do not live with my dad as my parents are divorced and my grandfather pays for everything, so should i change the question about a parent or guardians job role to my grandfathers previous job and will this effect my studnet finance?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,With regards to your personal statement I would go to an open day. I'm starting at BCU in January for adult nursing and at an open day I spoke to an admissions tutor. I advised them on what I had already wrote/work experience and they advised me on what I should add or expand on. It really helped, I got an interview 2 weeks later.Unfortunately can't advise on student finance, I'm a independent student. Maybe try calling student finance and see if they can advise.Hope that helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 20, 2017

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.