The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

University or Apprenticeship Level 3 #Childcare

Hi , Guys

Need some advice so basically I'm doing my level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare and can progress onto the level 3 , however I really want to do a open degree with the open university .

My question is would it look odd if I went from a Level 2 straight to a Level 4 (Certificate in Higher Education)

Thank You
Reply 1
Original post by Mohammed1925
Hi , Guys

Need some advice so basically I'm doing my level 2 Apprenticeship in Childcare and can progress onto the level 3 , however I really want to do a open degree with the open university .

My question is would it look odd if I went from a Level 2 straight to a Level 4 (Certificate in Higher Education)

Thank You

You might find it difficult if you jump from level 2 to level 4. As the OU is distance learning you need to be able to motivate yourself, and this might be a very different way of working to your apprenticeship. You'll also be expected to write essays, and this might be a much longer piece of work than you're used to. The OU modules do start short (eg around 500 words) and build up to ease you into it, though.

Some graduate careers will have requirements for A Levels or other level 3 qualifications, and these still apply even if you've completed level 4 (or higher). So you might find that this route blocks off some possibilities. If you have a specific career path you might want to research employment requirements.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest