Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My vaginal lips are swollen and itchy and hurt a bit. There is no discharge from my vagina or no smell I haven’t (never have) had sex. I just care of my period and I’m thinking it could have been a reaction to the pad but it is the same pad I use every period.
    I’m not sure if it’s a yeast or thrush infection!

*its uncomfortable to walk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaHarvey9818)
    My vaginal lips are swollen and itchy and hurt a bit. There is no discharge from my vagina or no smell I haven’t (never have) had sex. I just care of my period and I’m thinking it could have been a reaction to the pad but it is the same pad I use every period.

There are these magical people called GPs, they spend their days in GP surgeries and as if by magic, they help people with medical problems. I'd suggest making an appointment with one rather than looking for unqualified advice on a student website.

ReputationRep:

Infections tend to cause irritation inside the vagina and not on the outer area. Have you used any soaps or cleansers in that area recently? They could have caused an allergic reaction. Yes, people can also react to things they’ve been fine with previously, so it could be the pad too. If you have done some exercise the sweat hanging around might also have caused some irritation. If you shave down below then that would make irritation more likely, especially if you have shaven a little too close without realising.

But as suggested, a GP is your best bet. Go and get it checked out!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    There are these magical people called GPs, they spend their days in GP surgeries and as if by magic, they help people with medical problems. I'd suggest making an appointment with one rather than looking for unqualified advice on a student website.
    Well Scruge, it’s past 6 which means the gps are closed and I am worried at this moment in time and wondered if anyone had an idea.
    C u next Tuesday 😐

ReputationRep:
    Well Scruge, it’s past 6 which means the gps are closed and I am worried at this moment in time and wondered if anyone had an idea.
    C u next Tuesday 😐
    Which is why you call them as soon as they open tomorrow, instead of seeking medical advice from teenagers on the internet.

ReputationRep:
    FYI they’re not all teenagers
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3588486)

Could be plain old irritation, could be something like thrush.
    I would have cool, a plain bath (no bubble bath) with a bit of salt in. You could also use something like drapolene or sudocrem to ease the itching a bit.
    See how things are after a day or so and if you're still itchy or delelop other symptoms like smell or discharge head to a pharmacy. They can give you advice and possible some treatment depending on what it sounds like to them.
    Just one little note though, I believe you are meant to see a dr before taking any thrush treatments if you have never had thrush before. Pharmacist can tell you if that's true.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.