seesey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi there -

I am studying for my maths exam in November at the moment and I can't find a way that works for me. At the moment I am just making notes on the methods of each topic and trying to learn it however this means I find it hard to put them into practice. I know past papers are probably a good option but I find it really hard to understand the mark scheme if I get an answer wrong. Any tips?
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Go on my maths it’s got methods and everything
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1. Find out how you learn - are you visual, audio or kinesthetic. Once you know you can work out a memory system.

I'm a visual learner so I use acronyms, memory palaces and mind maps. I'll work out systems that help me remember. Today I worked on the 4 main angles, so I put them in order of size, so Acute (cutee), then Right (90), then I know the Reflex covers everything after 180 degrees thus the Obtuse is in between that and the Right. I also played around with things like a cuttee small, right 90 road, obtuse inner and reflex outer.

Audios would need to say things out loud, while the kinesthetic would need to walk around the room repeating the information.

Just experiment with what you know works and keep to it.

PS There is a big piece on memory and learning in the book Introduction to Psychology by Atkinson and Atkinson, have a look in the library for it, if you have further problems.
Ellie_sb1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Past papers 100%. They are good once you know how to work answers out
Bonnie 99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Definitely use past papers! Look up model answers or marked answers of the exam paper if you can't understand the mark scheme. Good Luck!
BenjoTSR
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you can't mark it yourself then bring it to a teacher to help you understand where you went wrong, and if they are kind enough they can mark it for you and tell you yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (54)
6.07%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (110)
12.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.94%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.12%
Financial worries (60)
6.74%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.29%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise