Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in second year of college and I've been with a girl for over 2 years and I literally only hang out with her I lost a lot of friends because of it but I have been so close to her all this time we talk all day and all night and we've broken up
    I onlyy really spoke to one other person and now because of this I can't speak with them either.
    I really feel lost and depressed I don't know what to do at all
    Please can someone just give me some advice what can I do to feel better I feel like theres just no point to my life rn

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way back for you and your old friends?

The best thing to do is to keep yourself busy. Focus on your studies, join a club, go to events - this will take your mind of thinking about her. When you join clubs or volunteering, try to talk to new people - you may make friends with those you connect with.

ReputationRep:
    i remember someone stole my pencil in yr 4 , i thought i lost everything on that sad sad day

ReputationRep:
    You say you lost everything but it sounds like you just lost friends so make new ones/reconnect with the old ones. Join a society, meet new people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    Is there any way back for you and your old friends?

The best thing to do is to keep yourself busy. Focus on your studies, join a club, go to events - this will take your mind of thinking about her. When you join clubs or volunteering, try to talk to new people - you may make friends with those you connect with.
    thank you so much for the quick response, there isn't really because they've all made new friends who i don't know now and are a bit separate - it also seems too late in the college years to find any new friends as everyones got there groups. I want to do that but I feel like I can't go to places alone and I'm really just down and unmotivated. How do you recommend I make any friends to go to clubs with etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    You say you lost everything but it sounds like you just lost friends so make new ones/reconnect with the old ones. Join a society, meet new people.
    How do I do this? I have literally barely spoke to a single other person except in lessons in the past year+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 17and?)
    How do I do this? I have literally barely spoke to a single other person except in lessons in the past year+
    Then start. Does your course have socials? Go to those. Or join a society or a sports team.

ReputationRep:
    How come you guys broke up?
    Anyway to salvage that relationship?

I am in second year of college and I've been with a girl for over 2 years and I literally only hang out with her I lost a lot of friends because of it but I have been so close to her all this time we talk all day and all night and we've broken up
    I onlyy really spoke to one other person and now because of this I can't speak with them either.
    Please can someone just give me some advice what can I do to feel better I feel like theres just no point to my life rn
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Heya - I went through this a couple years back. I thought I was lucky cause soon after this guy who I knew kinda wanted to be with me etc. Etc. A couple months after I was with this new guy and because of this I made some great new friends who I love dearly. However the guy turned out to be a **** and emotionally manipulative. What I'm trying to say is although it may be tempting to latch into someone new as soon as possible make sure what you know what you're getting into. Keep busy, redecorate where you live, do what you've always wanted to do, charity skydive, try new things and you'll win the battle.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    The life of a loner is not that deep. We have cookies and anime, so come join us in the dark side.

On a more serious note though, losing friends is a part of life. My dad used to give cash to some guy as he trusted him - the guy just left the town one day and has yet to return. So yeah, you didn't lose anything outside of useful/useless connections. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much for the quick response, there isn't really because they've all made new friends who i don't know now and are a bit separate - it also seems too late in the college years to find any new friends as everyones got there groups. I want to do that but I feel like I can't go to places alone and I'm really just down and unmotivated. How do you recommend I make any friends to go to clubs with etc?
    Start talking more with your classmates - it is never too late to start. If there are no clubs at your college, you could look to do volunteering. There are some placements that have people your age - have a look at do-it.org or go to your local volunteer centre.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'll level with you here. I broke up with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago... we were together for 3 years, we moved in together, loved each other, thought we were going to be together for ever. Boy did that turn on it's head. She broke up with me because she suddenly became different and I felt like my whole life was upside down. However after the first week.... I was ok... you know why? Because I have goals and great ****ing friends that were there to talk to me. Don't be shy, you say you have someone that you talk to but feel like you cant talk to them about this... You can, atleast try. Reconnect with your old friends, just because they have made other friends doesnt matter. You have to make the effort to get into their lives again. This is going to hurt, everyone goes through it especially if it's one of your first long term relationship break-ups. Don't worry though, you will be okay, everyone is. There is someone else out there but you have to focus on yourself right now. You have to learn from this.... Next time you're in a relationship makesure to keep your friends close as well. The only thing you can do now is work on moving forward by doing hobbies you love and reconnecting with your friends. It's not the end of the world, EVERYONE goes through this... you will realise in time.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.