The Student Room Group

What do I do, I don't want to go into school for half term revision!?!

I'm a GCSE student and my drama teacher wants us all to attend a revision session in half term. However its four hours long and is placed at an inconvenient time, it will also throw all my other revision plans off completely. It would not be beneficial as I am not struggling, I know this from my previous mock exam results. Basically, I think the time would be better spent doing some other form of revision but I don't want to make my drama teacher angry, because she will be very upset with me if I don't go what do I do?!?!
Original post by Eleperson
I'm a GCSE student and my drama teacher wants us all to attend a revision session in half term. However its four hours long and is placed at an inconvenient time, it will also throw all my other revision plans off completely. It would not be beneficial as I am not struggling, I know this from my previous mock exam results. Basically, I think the time would be better spent doing some other form of revision but I don't want to make my drama teacher angry, because she will be very upset with me if I don't go what do I do?!?!

We had to go to drama too, so you might as well.
Reply 2
just tell her
lmao @ a drama '''teacher''' thinking she's important

don't go and if she asks why later say you were revising for real subjects
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ

290FEF94-5796-4E5D-9A59-13849337B355.jpeg
I'd get it... if it were the half term before Easter or after. But a revision session in the first half term holidays seems ridiculous for GCSE.
Reply 6
drama is a real subject
Make time and cancel other plans if you have to (and if you can). Besides it's only one day for 4 hours; if you go you don't need to think about it for the rest of the half term after that.
say that you dont want to earn minimum wage for the rest of your life and revise real subjects
4 hours just for drama? that's a little ridiculous.
just tell her you can stay for like 1hr but then you've got an appointment or something
Then don't go, not like they can jail you for it or anything.
Original post by Eleperson

Why's your school having revision sessions so early on? :s-smilie:

Could you just say you've got an appointment or you're on holiday? Maybe make a compromise and say you can only stay for an hour?
Original post by Nebuchadnezzaṛ

Original post by Glassapple
290FEF94-5796-4E5D-9A59-13849337B355.jpeg

this is why i mainly dropped drama , little ***** was getting way to big for her boots
Relax this half term - just tell her. Remember, this is your last holiday of grace. After this holiday things will start getting worse....
Just don't go? wait...she's not holding you at gunpoint right now is she?

Quick Reply

Latest