Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will I get into Imperial chem eng? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I want to study chem eng at uni and there is a slight chance I want to apply to Imperial. I currently have a A*AAA predicition which can easily be moved upto A*A*AA (Maths and 3 sciences). For AS maths I got a pretty high A (278). For my GCSEs I got 3A*s 3As 2Bs and a D.

I know imperial in general is extremely hard to get into but especially for chem eng. I just wanted to know if people think I have the chance of atleast getting an interview and if current students could help that would be amazing.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MELANJI)
    If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I want to study chem eng at uni and there is a slight chance I want to apply to Imperial. I currently have a A*AAA predicition which can easily be moved upto A*A*AA (Maths and 3 sciences). For AS maths I got a pretty high A (278). For my GCSEs I got 3A*s 3As 2Bs and a D.

I know imperial in general is extremely hard to get into but especially for chem eng. I just wanted to know if people think I have the chance of atleast getting an interview and if current students could help that would be amazing.
    Of course you have a chance, especially if you get your predictions in line with the typical offer. I'm not sure what Imperial's view of not having FM is.

However the 100% guaranteed way to not get an offer is by not applying...

It's one choice of your 5. Apply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.