Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eau de toilette recommendations? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Under about £60-£80 for say...100ml (200ml ideally)

I've had Versace Eros, and that was very cheap for what it is, but I dunno, I like changing it every year and that's kinda running out!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Under about £60-£80 for say...100ml (200ml ideally)

I've had Versace Eros, and that was very cheap for what it is, but I dunno, I like changing it every year and that's kinda running out!
    If you want to splash the cash get Bleu de Chanel. Smells amazing and is within your price range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    If you want to splash the cash get Bleu de Chanel. Smells amazing and is within your price range.
    So...this?

http://www.feelunique.com/p/CHANEL-B...te-Spray-150ml

ReputationRep:
    this is amazing:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kölnis...ne_1280470.JPG

it smells of oranges

https://www.amazon.co.uk/4711-Origin...&keywords=4711

only £15.75 for 300mls !

ReputationRep:
    If you wore Versace Eros, then that implies that you like citrusy fragrances with aromatic nuances. I'd recommend Allure Homme Sport by Chanel, which is a classic citrus-musk fragrance or Sauvage by Dior - a clean-cut and sophisticated aromatic scent with a fresh edge.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    That's the one. You can get it for cheaper though.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    That's the one. You can get it for cheaper though.
    Where from? (For 150ml too)

I'll have a smell at the local stores
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Where from? (For 150ml too)

I'll have a smell at the local stores
    Oh, I realised it's 150ml. I have the 100ml one.

It smells amazing, I strongly recommend it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Oh, I realised it's 150ml. I have the 100ml one.

It smells amazing, I strongly recommend it.
    Thanks. WHat I do quite like about this so far, is that it doesn't have that many reviews. I understand that sounds weird, but it implies fewer people have it. I don't want to smell like everyone else

Something like Davidoff coolwater has loads of reviews, and it was on HUKD a lot. Joop was pretty popular too.Basically, I try to stay away from the popular stuff, and the stuff on TV a lot
    I'll pop in to a local store to give it a smell!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Thanks. WHat I do quite like about this so far, is that it doesn't have that many reviews. I understand that sounds weird, but it implies fewer people have it. I don't want to smell like everyone else

Something like Davidoff coolwater has loads of reviews, and it was on HUKD a lot. Joop was pretty popular too.Basically, I try to stay away from the popular stuff, and the stuff on TV a lot
    One of my friends told me about it, it's really good.

Will let you decide though, the gf likes it a lot if you want some reviews

Let me know if you decide to get it though

ReputationRep:

I quite like the white Lacoste, I'm tempted to give Dior Sauvage a try, Ive not smelt it before though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Technetium)
    If you wore Versace Eros, then that implies that you like citrusy fragrances with aromatic nuances. I'd recommend Allure Homme Sport by Chanel, which is a classic citrus-musk fragrance or Sauvage by Dior - a clean-cut and sophisticated aromatic scent with a fresh edge.
    Tbh, I also did like Davidoff (as much as I "slated" it above) when I bought it (at a younger age) That does have a different smell. I've got some other Versace product that was gifted to me, that doesn't smell too bad

I've also got some Hugo Boss one that I think smells pretty bad - it smells a bit too much like alcohol for my liking, but my brother seems to like it, so I've given it to him (mum bought that one)

Though you're probably right. I have bought more of the fruity stuff, than the "crisp" stuff. I'll have a smell of that locally too (and check out reviews )

ReputationRep:
    Le male.

EDIT: Stop buying anything by versace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    this is amazing:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kölnis...ne_1280470.JPG

it smells of oranges

https://www.amazon.co.uk/4711-Origin...&keywords=4711

only £15.75 for 300mls !
    Thanks, but as much as I try not to be put off by looks of a product, this looks very unappealing to me (though might smell amazing)

Also, lol at this review "Could be cheaper" It's freaking £16 for 300ml!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganjaweed Rebel)
    Le male.

Why stop buying any thing by Versace?

ReputationRep:
    Why stop buying any thing by Versace?
    It's a bit ghetto fabulous.

It reminds me of those kids in bait out a hoe videos who skip meals to buy one item which is designer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    I quite like the white Lacoste, I'm tempted to give Dior Sauvage a try, Ive not smelt it before though.
    Does it smell any thing like Lacoste sport. I think I had that at 16 or so. I found it OK, but not amazing

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit ghetto fabulous.

It reminds me of those kids in bait out a hoe videos who skip meals to buy one item which is designer.
    Tbh, pretty sure those types of people just tend to get the designer clothes, and not say the fragrance from them.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, pretty sure those types of people just tend to get the designer clothes, and not say the fragrance from them.
    That's even worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    (Original post by Technetium)
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    Le male.

So.... I'll give the following a try

- Bleu de Chanel
    - Allure Homme Sport by Chanel
    - Sauvage by Dior
    - White Lacoste (Though, that does seem a tad mainstream?)
    - Le male

If I can. Thanks!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.