Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

My name is Thomas and I am currently studying telecommunications engineering in France. However, I don't like that. The subjects concern electronic and the leading of a firm. I am more a chemistry/physics student.

In France you need 5 years to become an engineer and the best engineers schools are not linked with the university, which means they are rarely known in the world rankings.

I first wanted to go to Polytechnique Montreal with a friend, where I think, I am sure to be able to be accepted. (My friend had the same marks than me when we were in last year of High School.) But I am not sure I want to go so far away from my family and friends.

So I though about United Kingdom. I contacted UCL to know if my profile could work, they said yes. Indeed I had 20/20 in mathematics, 19/20 in Physics/Chemistry and the same in Biology/Geology for my Baccalaureate. The only problem could be my English. I hardly got my FCE B1. The English level in France is very low.

Considering i want to do an undergraduate in Chemical engineering:
    Is the UCL a good school well-known in the world ?
    Is this degree good to work all around the world as an engineer, for exemple in the USA, where i saw the engineer are really well paid ?
    Is Chemistry a well paid subject for an engineer or not compared to other subject ?
    Should I do a 3 years undergraduate or a 4 years one ? I saw there is a lot of honnors by doing the 4 years one.
    What's next if I want to keep studying ? I heard about postgraduate but I don't know what that means.
    Do you have some others University to propose to me ?

Thank you a lot and sorry for all these questions but it can be stressful sometimes, when you don't know what you are going to be.

Thomas

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.