Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello and welcome to my grow your grades!!

This year I am aiming for A*A*A in Spanish, History and Biology A Levels, having achieved AAC in these last year. I also got a C in maths and was very disappointed with these results, so hoping to make up for it this year.

At GCSE I got 2A*s and 10As (wish I had worked harder now) and I now have offers from Bristol, Newcastle and Exeter for Modern Languages. I am awaiting responses from Oxford and Durham.

Hoping to look back on this in a years time with the grades that I want!!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    So far...

The first half term has been tough due to sorting my UCAS out and practising admissions tests etc., however I have now had the following results:

Biology: Respiration prep - A*3 (90%)
    Biology: Respiration test - B1 (77%)
    Biology: Photosynthesis prep - E2 (45%)
    Biology: Photosynthesis test - D2 (53%)
    History: 1789-1815 - B3 (72%)

Although they may be posted here the above results aren’t concrete evidence as in history to do an actual essay (exam style) we have to finish the course due to thematic style of A2. For Photosynthesis my teacher included things wayyyy beyond the specification hence the poor grades and cyclic phosphorylation for example isn’t actually part of my course (it also happened to be amidst UCAS sorting. The only grade really that says much is the Respiration test. Going to mark questions etc. over half term and keep this updated though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliviaganderton)
    Hello and welcome to my grow your grades!!

This year I am aiming for A*A*A in Spanish, History and Biology A Levels, having achieved AAC in these last year. I also got a C in maths and was very disappointed with these results, so hoping to make up for it this year.

At GCSE I got 2A*s and 10As (wish I had worked harder now) and I now have offers from Bristol, Newcastle and Exeter for Modern Languages. I am awaiting responses from Oxford and Durham.

Hoping to look back on this in a years time with the grades that I want!!
    Good luck, I hope you end up with the grades you need to get into uni!!

ReputationRep:
    Today I broke up for half term so thought I’d post a picture of my whiteboard, with a blank box for behind/need to work on, green for ahead and blue for on top of. Lots to do these next two weeks!!!Name:  FAB060C4-500D-4215-A6CF-A6D9096AFCE9.jpg.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  23.1 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.