Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    Initially I was thinking of doing btec ict for two years ,
    But then I heard of applied ict,so am so confused because the sixthform am thinking of going to only does applied ict, I just need to know if applied ict is the same as btec ict or do I have to choose three more subject for college.
    Thank you
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by Beautty)
    Hey
    Initially I was thinking of doing btec ict for two years ,
    But then I heard of applied ict,so am so confused because the sixthform am thinking of going to only does applied ict, I just need to know if applied ict is the same as btec ict or do I have to choose three more subject for college.
    Thank you
    Ask the college . There are several courses run by different exam boards with that name. Its important you id which board, but they appear to be GSE/AS and A level. That means different from BTEC because it will be more exams rather than coursework. Also an A level needs you to pick two other subjects whereas BTEC extended diploma is all you study for two years. Go and ask your teacher about which board, hen look up the specification online so you can see whats covered and the exam format, then you can make up your mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Ask the college . There are several courses run by different exam boards with that name. Its important you id which board, but they appear to be GSE/AS and A level. That means different from BTEC because it will be more exams rather than coursework. Also an A level needs you to pick two other subjects whereas BTEC extended diploma is all you study for two years. Go and ask your teacher about which board, hen look up the specification online so you can see whats covered and the exam format, then you can make up your mind.
    Thank you very much I'll make sure I do that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.