Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So it's only a minor problem but as I get older it's becoming more and more frustrating: I have no dating life whatsoever. I'm 17 so you might say that I have time but I honestly don't feel that way anymore because there are literally boys everywhere and it's not like my parents are super strict about boys.

So why isn't anything happening? EVERY girl I know has done at least something with boys ( except 2 but that's for religious reasons) even the seemingly innocent ones.It makes me wonder if there is some kind of bad vibe I'm giving off since I have not even had my first kiss yet and I literally have the flirtation ability of a worm.

I have a fun personality but guys go for looks and I don't wanna be stereotyped as cute when I go to uni soon because I've noticed people who consider you cute don't take you seriously.Does a girl have to be considered HOT to be attractive and taken seriously by guys?Do all guys look for the same physical characteristics in a woman ( like your typical hourglass figure :wide hips small waist,ample boobs & butt) or are they interested in other body types?
    It would great if you could help me out with the above but here are the main questions
    1) Are guys attracted to cute looking girls?
    2) Does personality even matter to guys in late teens - 20's?
    3)Any tips for how to be more attractive if I wasn't naturally born with it?

Thanks have a great day! xxx

ReputationRep:
    1) Guys are attractive to all different kinds of girls, depending on the guys personal liking. For instance an arrogant guy who just wants sex will go for sexy girls who he thinks are an easy Bang, but guys looking for a relationship will probably go for a cute girl because they want someone pure (who hasn't slept around).

2) I don't think it would matter to guys the personality type so much, although the same rules may apply where arrogant guys want a sexy woman who is outgoing whilst shy guys look for a shy girl who they can relate to.

3) I get beauty hacks from YouTube and stuff 😂 Not necessarily makeup hacks but just skin care tips and stuff. Apparently they're not really into girls who wear tons of makeup in the daytime (so I've read). Maybe even throw in a few cute hairstyles to change it up. Guys like a girl who looks like she takes care of herself, just as we don't want a scruffy guy who looks like he's never given a thought into how care for himself.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion it's about 65% looks and 35% personality. This doesn't necessarily mean you have to have a great body figure or anything like that but take care of your hair and face
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.