Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My corner of the internet: GYG watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    Hence why I regret it! :rofl:

Honestly I don't know where to start either, I'm so petrified to get stuck into it.

So yeah what's your project?
    I think with something like that you just have to throw yourself in at the deep end and I'm sure it will all work out eventually!

And in short mine is a Course booking system, so I have to make the GUI and the actually database using SQL fun fun fun !!

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,
    So its been 2 weeks since I uploaded, so get ready for some lame excuse.... I was busy. But seriously a lot has happened with my family in the last couple of weeks and I just couldn't bring myself to write about it.

But its okay as I'm back now so let's see, my half term was interesting as the week progressed I realised that although my plan was a great idea it didn't exactly work. You see I found out that I had I only made time for me to do half of my homework. Which basically caused me to abandon the plan half way through the week, oops. Anyway, I'm back at college now and it going surprisingly well so here's a quick summary.

Computer Science: We are manly working on our coursework and I'm spending lots of time learning SQL and Tkinter in Python so that my code will be as good as it can, as it counts towards 20% of my course.

Maths: We are doing lots of mechanics at the moment which I love as it's just like Year 1 A-level Physics which is making my life nice and easy. I am also in a team at my college for the INTEGRAL Ritangle (yes that is the correct spelling for some reason) challenge, where I am the archivist which I am LOVING. I've realised just how much fun it is to organise things!

Physics: We are really ahead in our specification so we spent a whole week going over AS material which has been so nice. We all had to do presentations to the class today and I'll be honest I'm pretty proud of how ours turned out! I also helped out at my college opens day in the Physics trying to convince more year 11 to take it, after all a shockingly few people take it!

But that's not the only thing that has been going on... I have finally made my University choices! So in no particular order we have:
    a) University of Leeds, Computer Science Digital & Technology Solutions
    b) University of Leeds, Physics
    c) University of Newcastle, Computer Science
    d) University of Liverpool, Computer Science
    e) University of Liverpool, Physics
    I'm genuinely so happy to have decided I feel like a huge has been lifted now all I have to do is send off my application!
    So there you go that's my little update, for now, I will try to post again soon!
    See you soon!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by minisarell)
    I think with something like that you just have to throw yourself in at the deep end and I'm sure it will all work out eventually!

And in short mine is a Course booking system, so I have to make the GUI and the actually database using SQL fun fun fun !!
    I'm really hoping that will be the case!

A course booking system sounds like I nice idea, I'm regretting not doing something along those lines at this point but there's no going back now :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilySarah00)
    I'm really hoping that will be the case!

A course booking system sounds like I nice idea, I'm regretting not doing something along those lines at this point but there's no going back now :laugh:
    Thanks and theres not alot you can do but I'm sure you'll be fine, plus I think Dijkstars algorithum is quite a unique idea so I'm sure there arn't alot of people doing something like it!

ReputationRep:
    Hello again,
    So I’m back again, I’m really not good at posting regularly oops!

So I have had lots of tests lately in my lessons as we approach Christmas and I’m really happy with my results!
    Mechanics 1 I got an A and Physics was a B!!

And because I had exams I actually had to revise all of my topic areas. In Physics I have been created flash cards through out the year on the topic areas we were doing this has meant that I already had lots of my resources ready before I was even told I had an exam. I also looked over questions from my textbook and my notes to try familiarise myself with the kind of questions they would be asking.

For maths as it was a mechanics exam there are quite a few formulas you need to learn so I had a cheat sheet with them on for when I was doing practise questions . I then created a short set of flash cards to allow myself to see if I actually remember them for the exam. For maths in the main I just try to do as many past papers as I possibly can; this was no exception!!

I am currently working on writing up neater notes on last years work in Physics as looking back my notes are very vague and in some parts completely useless! I genuinely don’t understand how I managed to revise from them last year. Today I am specifically working on the photoelectric effect, and I am so proud of how they have turned out. 😊💖
    Name:  166B55A7-277B-4EBE-8285-431B2000C1D9.jpg.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  31.3 KB

Anyways that’s all for now, I’ll write soon I promise!

Bye xxx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,
    So it officially the Christmas holiday! And while a lot of my friends are using this time to relax, catch up on sleep I'm over here stressing out!

I have a ridiculous amount of work to do and no time. Between having to do all my Christmas shopping, my coursework that is due in on the first day back at college and having to visit people who I have been deliberately been avoiding in order to focus on my studies I am officially swamped. Oh and did I mention I have 2 mocks on the first week back as well.

And I have no plan. Nothing!

I'm streessed, I'm so stressed I've gone past the stage of being stressed im in a weird phase of complete tranqility. Right now I should be working on my coursework yet here I am writing this.

If anyone has any tips to help me work out how to de-stress and how to actually manage my workload that would be amazing!
    I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out,
    See you next time!

ReputationRep:
    Hello there, I'm back.

And with some brilliant news! I got an offer from Uni! Whoop whoop!!
    Yes, that right the University of Liverpool has given me a conditional offer of ABB for both there Physics course and there Computer Science Course! And I'm over the moon.

The only thing is now I have to get ABB....

But that's a problem for another day.

So at the moment, I am completing a second application for Leeds university as the course I am applying to is a bit like a degree apprenticeship with PwC so I have to fill out another form which is a bit like a personal statement explaining why I want to work there. But I only have 6 days to finish it else they won't offer me a place. So that's a bit stressful.

However I am comping with my stress levels a lot better now, something about just cracking on with my work is surprisingly calming!
    Who knew? Hopefully, I will get all my work done and be back on track of things soon!
    I'll keep you posted,
    Bye!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.