Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

older sister and me have nothing in common. Why was I born into such a stupid family. Watch

ReputationRep:
    When i speak to her she just gets on my nerves, she'll say 'oh ill listen to you and help you but OBVIOUSLY won't accept anything in return. ' She's 8 years older then me and has two children and she wants to be close to me but we have nothing in common. I'll start going on about wanting a holiday then she'll copy what I say and say 'oh ill be booking one too' then i said 'oh i'm going to plan a night with my friends' and she was like 'oh yeah me too.; its like she has no personality of her own and will just copy me ALOT. She 8 years older and will laugh at pathetic things like 'oh your other sister went to the shops without telling mum and mum was like where is she?' and she bursts out laughing. I told her i didn't find it funny and she tries to persuade me it's funny. It's just weird she's older and copies so much stuff I do and she's always asking my advice for things. She wants us to be close but we have **** all in common. I don't have children, I don't have xyz . We're just worlds apart. I'm very different from my family (who are quite thick and annoying if I'm honest). It's isolating and difficult. Can't wait till I start my weekend job and make new freinds. Why is it that you're screwed if you're different from your family? You just have to constantly be your own bloody support network. FML

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should tell them how you feel. Maybe then they'll realise what a c*** you are and cut you loose, you sort of win then I guess?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, woe is me. It's so hard having a sister that cares for you.

Give over.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry that you have a sister who makes an effort and finds time to bond with you even when she has two children to look after.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Did you even read the post? How is someone copying what you say constantly of any value in a relationship?

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    Maybe you should tell them how you feel. Maybe then they'll realise what a c*** you are and cut you loose, you sort of win then I guess?

ReputationRep:
    we barely have anything in common, shall i just force a fake relationship? its like forcing yourself to get along with a freind you don't.

(Original post by most111)
    I'm sorry that you have a sister who makes an effort and finds time to bond with you even when she has two children to look after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sesameseeds)
    Did you even read the post? How is someone copying what you say constantly of any value in a relationship?
    Maybe you're the boring one here? You have a sister that puts effort into you. Some people have a family that don't bother speaking to them at all. F*** off and change your s***ty attitude, luv.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sesameseeds)
    we barely have anything in common, shall i just force a fake relationship? its like forcing yourself to get along with a freind you don't.

It's possible that you could watch a movie together or start a watching a TV series, atleast that will give you some sort of foundation for starting up a conversation.

I don't know what your sister is like so I'm just going by suggestion.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I barely get on with my family as it is so this whole' some people have a family that don't bother speaking to them at all' is not even relevant here. Yeah I'll just be a fake sister shall i 'for the sake of it'

(Original post by Galahad_)
    Maybe you're the boring one here? You have a sister that puts effort into you. Some people have a family that don't bother speaking to them at all. F*** off and change your s***ty attitude, luv.

ReputationRep:
    I live 8 hours away from her by train thus it's hard to upkeep a relationship. I have visited her before and I have watched things before with her, it's just hard to have some things in common when she's older and has children. We talk alot about them which I don't mind- she'll tell me alot about them and ask for my advice on alot of things but then after that we don't have a huge amount in common.

(Original post by most111)
    It's possible that you could watch a movie together or start a watching a TV series, atleast that will give you some sort of foundation for starting up a conversation.

I don't know what your sister is like so I'm just going by suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh she maybe a bit boring and you dont have MUCH in comman but theres got to be something try a little hard as she clearly cares for you. Never take family for nothing.Cause when your friend are too busy likely hood is she going to make time for you an.d have your back when you need her /them

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.