Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am living in united students' accommodation. My flatmates always bring her bf back to the flat. They talked and play music very loudly. It seems like her bf is here 24/7. I've seen him for like everyday, and he also always sleep overnight (like every night!). It is like I have one more unofficial flatmate. But we pay the same so I think it is not fair (and they are very noisy). When I apply, I asked for a girls only flat and now I feel like my flatmate have tricked me.

Have she breach the contract and what can I do?

ReputationRep:
    If you clearly expressed as a term that your accommodation was to be shared with only girls then there might be a breach of contract. Best advice would be to talk to your flatmate with your concerns, ask your other flatmates if this troubles them and ask if this was also a term of their contracts. note down what days the bf stays overnight, if your flatmate doesn't react then go to who ever administrates your flat, possibly go to student services if this doesn't work. Worse comes to worse, if it is a term, it helps if it is written, you could stop paying rent due to a breach of contract and threaten to sue. (its worth reading the small print)

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your flatmate before you do anything else. Is there any particular reason you don't wanna share with a guy? If not I suggest you ask her to do specific things e.g. keep the noise down, clean up more so his presence doesn't impact you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.