Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi There
    I studied Maths, Physics and Geography to Alevel and achieved AAA overall and am studying (just started) Physics with medical Physics at Nottingham uni. I wasn't sure what to study after GCSE but I chose my strongest subjects.
    At the beginning of year 13 I volunteered at a health clinic and shadowed a nurse at a hospital - I realised Medicine was the career I wanted. Although I don't have Bio or Chem Alevel i realised it all too late (cant do the practical element after leaving school). My GCSE's are bad by medicine standards (doubt I would be short listed), so I thought about graduate medicine... until I saw the ratio of applicants to places was 40:1 9 the next word i used rhymed with clucking bell) any ideas?
    Maybe get LOADS of work experience in the next 3 years and get Chem Alevel (without practicals under my belt)
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think that's a good idea! Also make sure to start preparing in a timely manner for the entrance test. The cut off for graduates (especially with the UKCAT as far as I'm aware) tend to be higher.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Even the best applicant has a higher chance of getting rejected than accepted. Just make you application as strong as possible and apply strategically. There are medical schools who only care about your degree grade, not your GCSEs or A-levels.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.