ReputationRep:
    title^^
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipMcKenna)
    title^^
    Didn't hate it really. Just didn't like having to go in, I preferred to self-teach.

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I don't hate it exactly but I dislike it for lots of reasons.

ReputationRep:
    I miss being in school.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, you may hate it now but do your best and it’s something you won’t regret in the future. It’ll all be worth it in the end
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I hated school all the way up until about year 11 where I really started to enjoy it and all the content we were covering. I’m in sixth form now and honestly I’m having the best time of my life I love it. I love being able to do the subjects I want and I find all the new content so fascinating and I’m friends with so many people I never thought I’d ever even talk to. I don’t know where you’re up to in the school system but although you may hate it right now and it doesn’t feel like things will get better, trust me it 100% absolutely will. Just keep your chin up and keep ploughing on YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipMcKenna)
    title^^
    I honestly dont know what kids of nowadays are up to.

I loved school. My friends and I would look forward to going to school because we would continue the games and joking around. At home, we lived far from one another that it was difficult to meet up after school.

Obviously school is not for everyone, but people now stress about the tiniest things that it probably makes school life unbearable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I honestly dont know what kids of nowadays are up to.

I loved school. My friends and I would look forward to going to school because we would continue the games and joking around. At home, we lived far from one another that it was difficult to meet up after school.

Obviously school is not for everyone, but people now stress about the tiniest things that it probably makes school life unbearable.
    I had a similar experience. I hated school from Year 1 to Year 11, but once I began sixth form (at the same secondary school, but everybody chilled a bit) things became really awesome. I got to study my favorite subjects with great teachers and hang out with my friends all day.

It was private and everyone lived all throughout County Durham and some other parts of the North East, so we made the most of the time we had together.

I do agree that teenagers are increasingly neurotic. It's probably just a consequence of using the internet, where it seems everybody feels useless and depressed about school, and so we ignore the 'normal' ones. Frankly, I knew nobody like that at my school.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.