Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My teachers advise Chemistry as it will keep more doors open however I don't like Chemistry. But that's only because I don't like my teacher.
    Take Physics for example, in Year 10 I hated it because of a teacher but in Year 11 we got a new teacher who was amazing. Very interesting lessons for Physics and really motivated me to do well and still is.

Physics is out of the question because even though I love the science in it I don't care for the math.

My other two A-Levels would be Geography and psychology

ReputationRep:
    I studied both and I hated both. Biology was a bit more enjoyable but there’s A LOT of content. Chemistry wasn’t my cup of tea as there’s a lot of maths and concepts you need to understand.

Whichever one you choose, they’re both very respected facilitating alevels

ReputationRep:
    I do chemistry and it’s super hard but I love love love it, it’s my favourite of my 3 subjects. You have to bear in mind that you don’t have control over who your teachers and if you get a bad teacher again you’ll really struggle bc trust me chemistry requires some strong teaching whereas it’ll be easier to get through biology. But then again you should do what you enjoy regardless of the teacher and just put in the extra work and extra practise at your own end. Or you could take chemistry and swap it for biology after if you don’t get good teachers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneiropólos)
    My teachers advise Chemistry as it will keep more doors open however I don't like Chemistry. But that's only because I don't like my teacher.
    Take Physics for example, in Year 10 I hated it because of a teacher but in Year 11 we got a new teacher who was amazing. Very interesting lessons for Physics and really motivated me to do well and still is.

Physics is out of the question because even though I love the science in it I don't care for the math.

My other two A-Levels would be Geography and psychology
    1: depends what you want to do after school.
    2. (maybe a biased opinion) chemistry seems more useful.
    3. Biology is really easy (at least at higher) compared to chemistry but seemingly has more content you need to remember but a lot of it is pure logic, chemistry is more calculations and you need to learn it all (doesn't usually come naturally).
    4. Biology is less math-y and more write-y compared to chemistry.

I personally would pick chemistry, mainly cause I like chemistry a lot more and it seems more useful. (from someone who takes physics, chemistry and biology.) Still up to you though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in my second year, still doing Chemistry however I dropped Biology at the end of the first year. The main reason was because I find Biology terribly boring but it also had way more content. Chemistry might be harder to understand but there's less to learn and there's also not really any application questions. However with Biology, at A Level it's literally all application and through my experience you have to be really on the ball as most of the questions aren't straightforward knowledge based, but require you thinking in a scientifically minded way...

Sooo to summarise I personally would choose Chemistry because at least once you know the facts, you don't really have to go through the difficulty of applying it like you do in Biology questions...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.