Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much lower is your lowest offer than your predicted grades? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My school has told us to apply to one uni which has a standard offer of two grades lower than your predictions, i.e. if you're predicted AAA, you should apply to one uni which has a standard offer ABB.

Just wondering if anyone else has actually followed this? What's your lowest offer compared to your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there I'm predicted A*A*A and my lowest offer is AAB... this is purely a safety net and depending on how confident you feel in yourself, you should apply accordingly. If you're very strong academically and have good exam technique for example, there's no reason why you can't have a lowest offer only one grade down from your predicted grades ... hope that helps!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Predicted A*A*A and my lowest offer is likely to be BBC (haven't applied for said uni yet ) mainly because I love the course and had circumstances that led to me originally having A*AD predictions

Edit - if you're consistent in grades I don't see any reason not to apply to fairly similar graded universities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eastendwannabe)
    Hi there I'm predicted A*A*A and my lowest offer is AAB... this is purely a safety net and depending on how confident you feel in yourself, you should apply accordingly. If you're very strong academically and have good exam technique for example, there's no reason why you can't have a lowest offer only one grade down from your predicted grades ... hope that helps!
    That does, thank you! I was just wondering if it's completely mental to apply to a place with only one grade down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vaneskara)
    That does, thank you! I was just wondering if it's completely mental to apply to a place with only one grade down.
    No, not at all - thousands of applicants every year would do this. Your school is trying to ensure that you have a viable backup choice, but they cannot force you into a particular strategy. Only choose unis where you would be willing to study.

ReputationRep:
    My predicted is AAA and my lowest right now is a BBB, but I'm thinking about looking for a BBC, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerrie.apps114)
    My predicted is AAA and my lowest right now is a BBB, but I'm thinking about looking for a BBC, just in case.
    Are your marks seriously that low?

ReputationRep:
    Im predicted A*AA, my lowest would be AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    Are your marks seriously that low?
    I don't think AAA is very low?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think AAA is very low?
    It's not. I was asking if your marks in class are so low that have genuine reason to fear dropping to BBC?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    It's not. I was asking if your marks in class are so low that have genuine reason to fear dropping to BBC?
    Oh, sorry! I'm still getting A's in my classes so far, but I'm just worried in case I have an awful day on the exams and I don't really want to go through clearing. I just wanted a safety net in case of that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, sorry! I'm still getting A's in my classes so far, but I'm just worried in case I have an awful day on the exams and I don't really want to go through clearing. I just wanted a safety net in case of that.
    It would have to be several awful days!

Just make sure that you are happy to go to whatever safety net you choose. You should only need one of them.

ReputationRep:
    A*A*A*, looking at applying for AAB. Probably will insure an AAA course though, with A*AA being firm (if all goes to plan)

Problem is if I get one B im in clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erdon)
    Predicted A*A*A and my lowest offer is likely to be BBC (haven't applied for said uni yet ) mainly because I love the course and had circumstances that led to me originally having A*AD predictions

Edit - if you're consistent in grades I don't see any reason not to apply to fairly similar graded universities
    Is that MMU?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    predicted A*A*B and A in welsh bac (interchangeable with the B, depends)
    all the unis ive applied to are AAA - A*AA. 2 of the unis i applied to had AAA-ABB range, so i thought that means they accept you if you achieve ABB at the minimum, but i was wrong. so all my offers are AAA or A*AA. however, I qualify for the lower offer in Bristol, so my lowest offer now is AAB

ReputationRep:
    I'm predicted AAA and my lowest is an AAA. No net b

ReputationRep:
    I’m predicted A*A*A* and my lowest is BBC although I applied for 2nd year entry which makes the offer ABB I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vector12)
    Is that MMU?
    Keele

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.