The Student Room Group

Didnt finish second year of uni can i reapply again?

So i studied psychology and got a 1:1 for my first year. My grades for the second year were between 1:1 to 2:1. I was under a lot of stress and depression and was struggling to focus for my second year. The university allowed me to take some exams during our resit period at august but i ended up not doing them after finding out my mums been cheating. I regret that decision now.

My question is will i be able to get student finance and apply to other universities again to retry my second year. And will i be able to go to a decently rank university? What are the chances.

If anyones been in a similar situation please let me know. Going under severe depression. I am planning to apply for next september so aka i wasted 2years of my life.

Thank you for reading.
Original post by Alphonse009
So i studied psychology and got a 1:1 for my first year. My grades for the second year were between 1:1 to 2:1. I was under a lot of stress and depression and was struggling to focus for my second year. The university allowed me to take some exams during our resit period at august but i ended up not doing them after finding out my mums been cheating. I regret that decision now.

My question is will i be able to get student finance and apply to other universities again to retry my second year. And will i be able to go to a decently rank university? What are the chances.

If anyones been in a similar situation please let me know. Going under severe depression. I am planning to apply for next september so aka i wasted 2years of my life.

Thank you for reading.

You get student finance for degree length +1 gift year. You have used tow years finance , so the state of your funding is degree length -1 i.e they will pay from year 2 onwards. that means if you can transfer into the 2nd year of uni, then you will get enough finance to finish your degree.

If you wish to start in year 1 hen you will need to submit a compelling personal reasons claim to get them to disregard a year. Your mental health and family problems might be good reasons. Medical evidence helps.

If you wish for them to accept you into year 2 then you need to do some research on unis and see which ones will consider transfers and then apply though UCAS again. Make sure you are mentally ready to start uni again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending